Page 59 of 72 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1781

Thread: MIA PE members from the past...

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    Oops..duplicate Alice cooper comment. Nothing like overplaying your comedic redundancy to ruin a clever observation...
    Ha ha, you can be forgiven a duplicate Alice gag, which must equal one full Alice. It was he who sang Under My Wheels after all. Congratulations on your lucky escape, and best wished for a speedy return to normality.

I almost became a member of the ex-breathing PE members club last saturday,
    Glad to hear that you're okay. Hope your recovery is quick and smooth.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Gracious, Jim, that's bad shit. Glad you're alive and relatively unscathed. Moments like that ... well, my life has never flashed before my eyes, but I've found myself wishing I'd been a better person, I'll leae it at that.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

I hit a tree head on once going 25-30 mph. Didn't have my life pass before my eyes kinda thing, but I knew for certain that this wasn't the way I die. Make of it what you will.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Very glad that you're still among the living, Yodelgoat! That was indeed a scary story. I used to have frequent dreams of being in a plane crash, which I never was, so I can imagine it could take quite a while to shake your experience. I hope you heal in all ways, and as quickly as possible.

I almost became a member of the ex-breathing PE members club last saturday, I was on my way to Kingman to visit my daughters who recently moved there. During a snowstorm on 40 a semi jacknifed right in front of me and I couldnt stop in time. My entire drivers side of the car peeled open like a can. I was left with a fractured left elbow, a concussion, too many cuts to count, and whiplash. I have the grodiest black eye - I look like half an Alice Cooper. Anyway, nobody on the scene could believe I was still alive. But I walked away with relatively minor injuries, considering, a few more inches to the right and I would have been split in half. Other people in the crash (it was a 20+ car pile up) were far worse off than me, but no one else had the spectacularly bent up car like I did. Scariest 6 seconds of my life - ever. Still recovering, of course. and will be for some time. I'm still coming to grips with how close I came to pushing up wheat for the hungry.
    Scary experience for sure! My best wishes for a quick recovery!
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

I almost became a member of the ex-breathing PE members club last saturday, I was on my way to Kingman to visit my daughters who recently moved there. During a snowstorm on 40 a semi jacknifed right in front of me and I couldnt stop in time. My entire drivers side of the car peeled open like a can. I was left with a fractured left elbow, a concussion, too many cuts to count, and whiplash. I have the grodiest black eye - I look like half an Alice Cooper. Anyway, nobody on the scene could believe I was still alive. But I walked away with relatively minor injuries, considering, a few more inches to the right and I would have been split in half. Other people in the crash (it was a 20+ car pile up) were far worse off than me, but no one else had the spectacularly bent up car like I did. Scariest 6 seconds of my life - ever. Still recovering, of course. and will be for some time. I'm still coming to grips with how close I came to pushing up wheat for the hungry.
    Holy crap, man, that's terrifying. Glad you're going to recover. Up until ten years ago or so I was still making a good part of my living as a gigging musician, and spent many, many hours driving in awful conditions. I dodged way more than my share of bullets, and I'm grateful I don't have to do that any longer.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Yeah very scary. Glad to hear you are ok. I've had my own share of accidents but nothing quite like that.
    Last edited by Digital_Man; 03-27-2021 at 12:01 PM.

OK I'm posting a picture of the car. It is a mess. I definitely owe Lexus a big thanks for making a really well built car. I'm still amazed I walked away when I look at the car. People dont typically walk away from that kind of damage.

Incidentally, I did go to the Hospital to get checked out. I got the bill today - 31,516.36 - Ouch. I do have insurance, but I wonder if I need to ask the Trucking company to foot this. Holy crap, that's a lot of tongue depressors.

Car at the scene:
    20210313_150302.jpg

I have a video of the car in the wrecking Yard... Does this site not support the Mp4 format?

That's an Old Dominion truck that "caused" the pileup.

Crap, Its upside down... Sorry it looked right when I posted it.

I do have insurance, but I wonder if I need to ask the Trucking company to foot this.
    Your insurance will likely deny the claim and throw it on the trucking company's liability. You might get runaround for a while and you might need a lawyer, but it should all work out with little expense to you.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

It looks like Superman tore off the side!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    OK I'm posting a picture of the car. It is a mess. I definitely owe Lexus a big thanks for making a really well built car. I'm still amazed I walked away when I look at the car. People dont typically walk away from that kind of damage.

Incidentally, I did go to the Hospital to get checked out. I got the bill today - 31,516.36 - Ouch. I do have insurance, but I wonder if I need to ask the Trucking company to foot this. Holy crap, that's a lot of tongue depressors.

Car at the scene:
    20210313_150302.jpg

I have a video of the car in the wrecking Yard... Does this site not support the Mp4 format?

What if it turns out you didn't survive it, and you're a ghost but only prog fans can see you? (And can read your typing.)

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Glad you made it out alive.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Damn, Yodel. You really dodged it, there. Thank God you're safe.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Wow. You got smushed up good there. You didn't mention the rollover

Jon Neudorf
    Scary stuff. Glad you are going to be okay.

I was in an accident years ago where the subcompact car I was driving was totaled by a large taxi running a red light and t-boning me (fortunately from the passenger side). Pre-air bags, not wearing my seat belt, and I ended up in the rear seat on the passenger side. I was lucky in the extreme to walk away from it. Your car looks way worse; glad you're going to come out of it alright!
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Well, if we're going to swap smash-up stories:

February of 1982, I was on my way to Los Angeles (from the Bay Area) for a job interview. It was raining - the kind of rain that comes down in sheets and makes visibility a joke.

I got off for gas at Gorman - a small town on the big slope up the Grapevine, the town that Billy the Mountain resides between Rosamond and*. When I got back on, I was trying to merge into traffic when, from out of nowhere, a station wagon (estate wagon for you Brits and such) came into the lane what should have been in front of me but their back end clipped my front end - to be precise, the driver's door. That's on the left, so I spun rightward (clockwise) 270 degrees and wound up with the ass of the car** hanging off a deep overhang. The station wagon kept going. I found myself thinking, maybe my weight is the only thing keeping it from overbalancing and falling over - then my brain kicked in and said, "Hey, stupid! It's raining, the dirt is going to erode out from under this car and you'll die!

So I got out of the car, was standing in the amazing rain when the police arrived, followed shortly by the station wagon, who had turned around at the next exit and come back to yell at me. The police calmed them down and called a tow truck to get the car off the cliff and back to Gorman. It was driveable, but I had to get in through the passenger seat and wiggle over the gearshift to get into the driver's seat, because the driver's door was punched in pretty good.

Eventually, the police somehow decided it was my fault and I got a point on my license.

* I rarely have the opportunity to end a declarative sentence with a conjunction...

** A two-month-old Mazda GLC my parents had gotten me as a combined graduation/Christmas present, though they kept the title in the name of their business for a few years so they could depreciate it.

Is Mogrooves still around? I just thought of him. He had an encyclopedic knowledge of psychedelia and prog.

^ I haven't seen him post in a long time, Vic.

Hope he's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Hope he's ok.
    He's older than me, and I didn't know his name irl. Anyone in this age group could be vulnerable. He was one of my favorites, and very knowledgeable, but I can't speculate. He was one of my favorite posters, and I always agreed with him, (because I thought his historical perspective which was older than mine) was accurate.

^^^ His last sign-in here was less than 24 hours ago, he just hasn't posted anything in a while.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Car at the scene:
    20210313_150302.jpg

That is scary... I'm glad you're okay, if banged up. Hope that the recovery goes smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ I haven't seen him post in a long time, Vic.
    Longer than four years like me?