Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter Gabriel & Sting : "Rock Paper Scissors" tour 2016

Peter Gabriel & Sting : "Rock Paper Scissors" tour 2016

http://petergabriel.com/news/peter-and-sting-tour-2016/

June 21 Columbus, OH Nationwide Arena Mon. Feb. 1 (10am)
    June 23 Washington, DC Verizon Center Mon. Jan 25 (10am)
    June 24 Wantagh, NY Jones Beach Mon. Feb. 1 (10am)
    June 26 Philadelphia, PA BB&T Pavilion Mon. Jan. 25 (10am)
    June 27 New York, NY Madison Square Garden Mon. Jan. 25 (9am)
    June 29 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre Mon. Jan. 25 (10am)
    June 30 Detroit, MI The Palace of Auburn Hills Mon. Feb. 1 (10am)
    July 02 Worcester, MA DCU Center Mon. Feb. 1 (10am)
    July 05 Montreal, QC Bell Centre Mon. Jan. 25 (10am)
    July 07 Québec, QC Festival d’été de Québec On sale March 2016
    July 09 Chicago, IL United Center Mon. Feb. 1 (10am)
    July 10 Milwaukee, WI Summerfest Mon. Feb 1 (10am)
    July 12 Denver, CO Pepsi Center Mon. Feb. 1 (10am)
    July 14 San Jose, CA SAP Center at San Jose Mon. Jan. 25 (10am)
    July 15 Lake Tahoe, NV Harvey’s Mon. Jan. 25 (10am)
    July 17 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl Mon. Jan. 25 (10am)
    July 21 Seattle, WA Key Arena Mon. Feb. 1 (10am)
    July 23 Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome Mon. Jan. 25 (10am)
    July 24 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place Mon. Jan. 25 (10am)
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

SON-OF-A-BITCH !!!

Nothing even remotely near Atlanta.

What happened, they were playing tug-of-war over Manu Katche for the summer and neither one would let go?

Looks pretty interesting, I suppose, but I'm scared to even imagine what prices will be like for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    I'm scared to even imagine what prices will be like for this one.
    Indeed.

This is one that I'd really like to attend, though.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

What holds Peter back from saying YES to Genesis. Is it Tony. Is he like Byrne; the past is the past. UGH.. I guess its safe to say we won't hear White Shadow or Moribund

They've played on the same tour before, in the 1980s. I think Bruce Springsteen was with them too then?

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    What holds Peter back from saying YES to Genesis. Is it Tony. Is he like Byrne; the past is the past. UGH.. I guess its safe to say we won't hear White Shadow or Moribund
    he said he'd be interested in doing Lamb or Suppers Ready----but his voice is way lower now--who knows what the issues are---
    This looks like a nice concert maybe I'll fo

When did Sting start looking like Ernest Hemingway?
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    I'm scared to even imagine what prices will be like for this one.
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?t...=Peter+Gabriel
    MSG (pre-sale starts tomorrow) : $55-255. Plus the usual "convenience" charges. DC : $48-253. Chicago : $50-250. Seattle : $45-250.
    VIP(ricey) packages available too.
    Last edited by Obscured; 01-19-2016 at 11:13 AM.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Hollywood Bowl? Fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?t...=Peter+Gabriel
    MSG (pre-sale starts tomorrow) : $55-255. Plus the usual "convenience" charges. DC : $48-253. Chicago : $50-250. Seattle : $45-250.
    VIP(ricey) packages available too.

" Follow Dean Podestá ★ @JeSuisDean
    If you're ever sad, just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as Glenn Fry".

If you're REALLY sad about the loss of the group that manage to pioneer the onset of triple digit concert ticket face value prices for stadium shows consisting solely of noatolgia and greatest hits packages, you could always hit the bottle.

Antidote --
    Tequila Sunrise Recipe?

Glenn Fry's legacy outlives him. Thanks Glenn.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSolution View Post
    Hollywood Bowl? Fuck that.
    I so agree. I saw Gabriel there a few years ago and it was one of the more unpleasant concert going experiences that I have ever had. I have seen other shows there that weren't quite as bad, but ultimately, the place is full of the most entitled, rude fans that I have ever witnessed.

Jones Beach isn't awful but I'll never waste money on a show at MSG again.

Phoenix gets phucked again ...
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Quote Originally Posted by N_Singh View Post
    " Follow Dean Podestá ★ @JeSuisDean
    If you're ever sad, just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as Glenn Fry".

If you're REALLY sad about the loss of the group that manage to pioneer the onset of triple digit concert ticket face value prices for stadium shows consisting solely of noatolgia and greatest hits packages, you could always hit the bottle.

Antidote --
    Tequila Sunrise Recipe?

Glenn Fry's legacy outlives him. Thanks Glenn.
    N Singh must be a member of Westboro Baptist Church, since his hobby seems to be shitting on the recently departed. What an arrogant jackwad, lacking in social graces. Do you have any redeeming values?

I would be surprised if they did anything esoteric from either of their respected catalog. Now this is speculation; each would get about 45 minutes alone and half hour singing each other's songs. From the PG side, you are looking at about 10-12 songs. So if you think he is going to trot out Family and the Fishing Net or Wallflower, you will most likely be disappointed. He needs to connect with the Sting half of the audience so it will be nothing but his crowd pleasers. Same goes for Sting. The only wild card might be when they perform one another's song; you could get an interesting choice like Sting performing Washing of the Water or PG doing Moon Over Bourbon St. Will I drive three hours to see them? Still undecided.
    "So it goes."
    -Kurt Vonnegut

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I am so done with arena shows.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    N Singh must be a member of Westboro Baptist Church, since his hobby seems to be shitting on the recently departed. What an arrogant jackwad, lacking in social graces. Do you have any redeeming values?
    Well, Greg Kot of the Tribune referenced that fundamental point--jacked up ticket prices for noatolgia infused STADIUM rock shows--as one the major legacies of Mr. fry, so yeah, I'm just taking a number on that point.

How can that be ignored? Unless, of course, you have no issue of paying what used to be scalpers rates (now face value) for nose bleed seats at cavernous stadium rock shows.

Personally, I think it's an abomination and has nothing to do with music and the value of music as a social experience. Stadium rock shows blow . Stadium rock shows priced at hundreds of dollars per ticket, they're practically criminal, if the world was actually fair .

Quote Originally Posted by Zonefish View Post
    I would be surprised if they did anything esoteric from either of their respected catalog. Now this is speculation; each would get about 45 minutes alone and half hour singing each other's songs. From the PG side, you are looking at about 10-12 songs. So if you think he is going to trot out Family and the Fishing Net or Wallflower, you will most likely be disappointed. He needs to connect with the Sting half of the audience so it will be nothing but his crowd pleasers. Same goes for Sting. The only wild card might be when they perform one another's song; you could get an interesting choice like Sting performing Washing of the Water or PG doing Moon Over Bourbon St. Will I drive three hours to see them? Still undecided.
    I think there are interesting possibilities to this tour, but I agree that the setlists wil most likely be pretty standard. This may not be the thread for this, but I have personally been disappointed with Peter's activities of the last 10 years or so. He used to be such a forward thinking artist, but in recent years, it has just been tour after tour of playing the old material. The covers album did little for me as did the tour around it. I know that he is older now and he has talked about a new album for years, but I just can't get all that excited about another tour that focuses mainly on the most popular songs from his back catalog. It has been a while since Peter surprised me musically in any significant manner.

Sting has done these tours before, with Paul Simon I belive. I guess it's a concept for him.

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    I am so done with arena shows.
    The last arena show I ever saw was R.E.M. back in 1989!

I see they'll be playing the "Festival D'Ete de Quebec". That's a huge outdoor festival. There'll be at least 80,000 people at that one; or however many can fit on the Plains Of Abraham for this event.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Well, Greg Kot of the Tribune referenced that fundamental point--jacked up ticket prices for noatolgia infused STADIUM rock shows--as one the major legacies of Mr. fry, so yeah, I'm just taking a number on that point.

How can that be ignored? Unless, of course, you have no issue of paying what used to be scalpers rates (now face value) for nose bleed seats at cavernous stadium rock shows.

Personally, I think it's an abomination and has nothing to do with music and the value of music as a social experience. Stadium rock shows blow . Stadium rock shows priced at hundreds of dollars per ticket, they're practically criminal, if the world was actually fair .
    What you don't get is that nobody likes it when you use a musician's death as an opportunity to editorialize about something unrelated. Start a new thread if it bothers you so much.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Dude, there's a time and a place for everything, and the time of an artist's death is not the time to trot out one's list of perceived grievances against said artist. Oh, and the fact that you're not the only one in the world swimming in such douchebaggery is not some sort of validation.

Millions of fans DID pay huge sums of money for their shows. That was their choice. You appear to disagree with The Eagles business model so you'd prefer that NO ONE have that choice.

Do you see the problem here? Probably not.