Page 394 of 404 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394395396397398 ... LastLast
Results 9,826 to 9,850 of 10079

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

The eons are closing
    Less than a month til Hockey!
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Less than a month til Hockey!
    Can't start soon enough!

The eons are closing
    In CasaShark we are not fans of the digital ads along the boards during broadcasts.

And while "losing" the puck in the digital hy pro glo isn't an issue for us - but is a complaint registered by quite a few; this comes off as tone deaf IMO from Keith Wachtel "chief business officer" and EVP (enhanced virtual person?) of global partnerships

"The puck getting lost really doesn't happen. I mean, you're talking about 2000 plus (feeds)and there can always be an issue with any technology, but that was infrequent. I would venture to say that those (hockey fans watching the games) that had trouble following the puck have trouble following the puck to begin with"

Really?

It's a slippery slope. I'm old enough to remember when the dasher boards in all rinks were plain white with black puck marks. First NHL rink I remember having ads was the Minnesota North Stars. Anyway, soon all major sports uniforms will look like NASCAR driver's fire suits and all stadia will look like European hockey rinks. Too much money to be made.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Yes! Very much looking forward to this season.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    In CasaShark we are not fans of the digital ads along the boards during broadcasts.

And while "losing" the puck in the digital hy pro glo isn't an issue for us - but is a complaint registered by quite a few; this comes off as tone deaf IMO from Keith Wachtel "chief business officer" and EVP (enhanced virtual person?) of global partnerships

"The puck getting lost really doesn't happen. I mean, you're talking about 2000 plus (feeds)and there can always be an issue with any technology, but that was infrequent. I would venture to say that those (hockey fans watching the games) that had trouble following the puck have trouble following the puck to begin with"

Really?
    Haha. That's pretty terrible.

Also, I would agree that losing the puck is not the biggest concern. It just looks awful. And the constant change is weary on the eyes IMO.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

The eons are closing
    To be fair - the parentheticals were mine but to showcase whom he was talking about -

Actual Hockey fans who watch actual NHL hockey on TV.

AND - how bent do the actual 'in arena' board advertisers feel now? Some in smaller markets have multi year agreements and paid premiums to be facing the broadcast way for local markets - and now the network can plaster anything over it.....

Drop the puck!! I can't wait for the season to start...especially after what the Giants displayed last sunday

And yeah...those digital ads are annoying. Doesn't effect my puck following though.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Does anyone here care about the PWHL (Professional Women's Hockey League)? I'm really excited to see this get off the ground!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Does anyone here care about the PWHL (Professional Women's Hockey League)? I'm really excited to see this get off the ground!
    I had not heard anything about it, but looked up their website. Looks interesting.

In other women hockey player news our local ECHL team The Kalamazoo Wings (Vancouver affiliate) just signed a female goaltender yesterday: https://www.mlive.com/sports/kalamaz...to-tryout.html

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I care now after checkin it - here in mi casa, we have turned to the WNBA to watch actual real fundamental and exciting basketball - so happy to support another women's league, especially since there's a NYC team.

I love watching women's hockey in the olympics. Hopefully this league takes off. I will watch for sure.

How 'bout that Mike Babcock?

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I love watching women's hockey in the olympics. Hopefully this league takes off. I will watch for sure.

What a tool belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post

Doofus. The stupid thing is that he'll probably land on his feet like he always does.

Apparently Laviolette took one off the dome on the first day of Rangers camp. Not a good omen.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    Apparently Laviolette took one off the dome on the first day of Rangers camp. Not a good omen.
    More critically - he now keeps asking where Alexei Yashin is.....

<geezer warning> Don't get me started on the digital ads. That, combined with the flashing lights and deafening music cacophony at every break in the action makes the game practically unwatchable for me. Sensory overload. I'm content to watch the 5-minute game highlight recaps on nhl.com.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

He must have taken one hell of a shot! Hope he is fine soon.

that bastard stole Carol Alt from me!

I know pre-season doesn’t count for anything, but HOCKEY’S ON MY TV! Leafs @ Senators.

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    <geezer warning> Don't get me started on the digital ads. That, combined with the flashing lights and deafening music cacophony at every break in the action makes the game practically unwatchable for me. Sensory overload. I'm content to watch the 5-minute game highlight recaps on nhl.com.
    Don’t ever go to an NLL Lacrosse game. The music never stops, it plays through the whole game. It’s loud.

The eons are closing
    Ruh-roh Bolts fans! Back surgery, no matter the timing, is bad goalie juju
    Vasilevskiy informed the team in August that he was having a back issue but was feeling better after having an injection. It wasn't until the Lightning's first practice when Vasilevskiy started feeling discomfort.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Tonight is the second game the Vegas Golden Knights have had on broadcast TV this week. Halfway through the first one, vs L.A. Kings, they admitted it was pre-season. I will know when the season starts when games are no longer shown on broadcast TV, culminating in the Stanley Cup finals, when seven games in a row are not shown. But I'll take what I can get. In another hour, I'll be watching hockey. I didn't even know Arizona had a hockey team.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    I didn't even know Arizona had a hockey team.
    Neither do most people in Arizona.

The eons are closing
    Opening night!