Page 403 of 405 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405 LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,075 of 10114

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Boceephus View Post
    Yes! Last night’s game was intense. I like the way they battled back to tie it up with 3.3 seconds left.
    Next year is gonna be special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It will be an interesting off season for sure. I hope they re-sign Patrick Kane, but I have a feeling that now that he has proven he can still play, he is going to want to go to an instant Cup contender. Several other veterans are free agents too, so there will be some difficult decisions on who comes back.

The goalie situation is a tough one too. Are Lyon and Ramer really the guys that are going to lead this team to a cup? They both had great games, but they were also inconsistent. Lyon seems to have the leg up, but maybe looking at free agents might be an option too.

The young player core of the team, all of whom should be back, are the backbone of the future and the sky is the limit. The Red Wings also have some good up and comers playing in Grand Rapids (AHL) right now too that should be roster players next year.

I feel the best about this team going into the off season than I have felt in many years. It will just be interesting to see who is on the roster when the season begins again next fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    C'mon Capitals!

You're wish is Torts command! Welcome to the party! Red Wing fans must have lost their shit when he pulled the goalie while PHI was eliminated a few minutes before.
    Last edited by Tangram; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:56 PM.

The eons are closing
    ^^ Can the infamous "vote of confidence" for Torts be far behind?

Flyers 14-19-5 from Jan 17 to April 16.

Red Wings 19-16-4 over same.
    Cr@pitals 19-16-5 over same.
    Penguinos 17-16-6 over same.

Islanders 19-12-7 over same.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    You're wish is Torts command! Welcome to the party! Red Wing fans must have lost their shit when he pulled the goalie while PHI was eliminated a few minutes before.
    Yea, that was tough for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Re: Coyotes
    This experiment has finally run its course. I don't understand why Bettman/NHL bent over backwards for over a decade to save this (in the first instance) bad idea. I certainly feel for the Yotes fans - just like I felt for the OG Winnipeg fans who lost the franchise to start with.... Don't get me started on now he let the Coyotes play in a college arena when he single handedly forced the Isles out of the old 13k seat Coliseum.... ;-)

IMO - NHL hockey is not popular enuff to support 32 teams - the financials are not there for sure - some would argue the talent is not there either (parity by dilution/diffusion)
    The biggest issue with the Coyotes has always been ownership. While I'm not a fan of obvious hockey markets where a NHL team would sell out on a regular basis being ignored in favor of non-hockey markets, the right ownership can make NHL hockey work in places where you would think it wouldn't (see Carolina, Nashville, etc.). Seven owners in 28 years would take a toll on any franchise, even a strong one, let alone a team trying to and never really establishing a foothold in a non-hockey market. More stable ownership wouldn't have guaranteed success in the Phoenix area, but it certainly wouldn't have hurt.

I'm curious to see the specifics of the deal when they are released, including the rumored five-year window for a potential return to Arizona. I know that the Delta Center would need to have to hockey specific upgrades if SLC is to become the permanent home of the team, though I guess a new arena would be a way around that.

Rangers entering the playoffs firing on all cylinders. Congrats to the Isles for battling their way into the tournament. I would really love to see a renewal of post-season hostilities between the Rangers and Islanders.

Matchups set, schedule released. Some just fucking brutal matchups in both conferences--there will absolutely be some great teams going home at the end of round one.

Ready for the second season...and the best postseason of any major sport, without question. Drop the puck!

Crazy how the Caps backed in to the playoffs, with that atrocious goal differential. if Chucky Lindgren stands on his head and Ovi catches fire it could be a good series. The Flyers seem like they are going to keep Torts on, we shall see.

This whole talk of expansion is so maddening. The talk shows still seem convinced that they are going to give Atlanta another chance. I guess this so that when that fails again, they can ship them to Quebec City? And they have given the previous owner of the Yotes 5 years to come up with a plan and promised him a franchise (and to keep the Coyotes name) if he does. It sounds like this also is true if he sells the rights to someone else, who can actually get an arena deal done.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptrick View Post
    This whole talk of expansion is so maddening. The talk shows still seem convinced that they are going to give Atlanta another chance. I guess this so that when that fails again, they can ship them to Quebec City? And they have given the previous owner of the Yotes 5 years to come up with a plan and promised him a franchise (and to keep the Coyotes name) if he does. It sounds like this also is true if he sells the rights to someone else, who can actually get an arena deal done.
    Why doesn't Quebec get another shot - why doesn't Hartford? Why is it only Bettman's errors/ mistake expansion locations get a do+over? Stars/Wild, Jets/Jets etc.

I agree with Brian that good ownership goes a long way but we've seen how poorly the NHL does in vetting these bums - especially if they're a first time sports owner...

Why doesn't Quebec get another shot - why doesn't Hartford? Why is it only Bettman's errors/ mistake expansion locations get a do+over? Stars/Wild, Jets/Jets etc.

I agree with Brian that good ownership goes a long way but we've seen how poorly the NHL does in vetting these bums - especially if they're a first time sports owner...
    You triggered me and I had a flashback to John Spano, the guy with very little money who briefly was owner of the Islanders. Currently on his 3rd prison sentence.

The eons are closing
    You triggered me and I had a flashback to John Spano, the guy with very little money who briefly was owner of the Islanders. Currently on his 3rd prison sentence.
    We Want Fish Sticks – The Bizarre and Infamous Rebranding of the New York Islanders” In-Depth Book Review: A Book That Is 100% Erotica For Ranger Fans & Pure Torture For Islander Fans, Growing Up In the 1990’s & More!

https://bluecollarblueshirts.com/fishsticks/

The eons are closing
    ..double post...

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    My picks

East:

New York in 6
    Carolina in 6
    Boston in 7
    Florida in 7

New York in 7
    Florida in 6

Florida in 7

West:

Dallas in 7
    Edmonton in 5
    Nashville in 6
    Colorado in 7

Edmonton in 6
    Colorado in 6

Edmonton in 7

Florida over Edmonton in 7
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

LETS GO RANGERS!!

We Want Fish Sticks – The Bizarre and Infamous Rebranding of the New York Islanders” In-Depth Book Review: A Book That Is 100% Erotica For Ranger Fans & Pure Torture For Islander Fans, Growing Up In the 1990’s & More!

https://bluecollarblueshirts.com/fishsticks/
    Was given it for Christmas a couple of years ago from a Devils fan. And yeah I read it. He got to enjoy his Mickey Mouse NJ Devils t-shirt the following year!
    Last edited by Tangram; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:51 PM.

Here are my picks, done before game 1. 1st round

NYR - 4
    NYI - 7
    BOS - 5
    TB - 7

EDM - 6
    COL - 7
    DAL - 6
    VAN - 7

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Bruins and Rangers looked pretty good
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Wild and entertaining game in Winnipeg. And how about that Verhaeghe goal for Florida? Sneaky AF!

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Bruins and Rangers looked pretty good
    Bruins own the Maple Leafs. If the Leafs don't show in game 2, it will be over early. Caps are already done, they just don't know it yet

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Wild and entertaining game in Winnipeg. And how about that Verhaeghe goal for Florida? Sneaky AF!
    Wasn't expecting that type of game out of WPG, but it worked. I don't think going toe to toe with COL is a good series strategy though.

Bruins own the Maple Leafs. If the Leafs don't show in game 2, it will be over early. Caps are already done, they just don't know it yet
    Yeah, I don't think anyone was rooting for Boston to win the Atlantic more than Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Yeah, I don't think anyone was rooting for Boston to win the Atlantic more than Toronto.
    Toronto impressively dug deep today. Wish I could say the same for the Islanders. 81-0 in playoffs with a 3 goal lead before tonight. I have been watching since their 3rd season and it doesn't get worse than today's complete collapse. 1 shot in last 30 minutes. I'll stop here.

But no need to get too crazy until the home team loses but it would have been great to take game 2. On the bright side, if there is one, they showed more emotion at the end of the game than they had in the whole series. Game 3 is go big or go home time.
    Last edited by Tangram; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:59 AM.

The eons are closing
    I am disgustipated.

I nearly gave up on that game, but then I remembered all the blown 3rd period leads the isles had this year. And I'm not sure if that stats back it up, but I've seen carolina pull away in the third several times this year as well.

But damn, that fourth goal was pure brutality. I almost felt bad.

Not a Bruins fan by any measure, but seeing them close out the Maple Leafs in the first round is pure poetry. Hopefully the Bruins will fall in the second round.
    Hockey is so fucking weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk