Page 86 of 404 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 10079

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

I agree good move on the goalies part I see nothing wrong with it. No different than a player in a football or baseball game knowingly trying to sell a good catch when the ball touches the ground before being caught. Competitive players just caught up in the heat of the moment of a game.

I have to agree with Klonk and Gladiator. And I don't know how you would enforce the goalie's intent, if you were to make some sort of rule.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Well I thought I could start a little friendly debate here, but it's no fun if you're all in agreement.

I'll just go back to minding my own business and counting down to the start of Toronto's Lacrosse season in 13 days so that I can watch a winning team.

Rangers/Leafs Monday night: Leafs tie the game late in the 3rd when the ref fails to whistle the puck dead in the crease with Rangers goalie Cam Talbot on top of it. Kadri pokes at it for at least four seconds, finally shoves it over the goal line. They get on the Bat-Phone to Toronto...good goal! WTF? Who's running things up there, Rob Ford? Horrible call.

Just when I thought the Senators were toast for this season, they surprise everyone with a sound 5-0 thrashing of the Pens. This team is so inconsistent it's making us crazy!

Rangers win a deserved one, but refs give a conference rival a point with a bullshit call on a goal with a minute left...bastards! Hmmmm HBO have a lil something to do with this??!!

With the way the East is going right now, that point could turn out to be huge.

Enjoy the Holidays my hockey fan friends!!!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    Who's running things up there, Rob Ford? Horrible call.
    LOL!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    Rangers/Leafs Monday night: Leafs tie the game late in the 3rd when the ref fails to whistle the puck dead in the crease with Rangers goalie Cam Talbot on top of it. Kadri pokes at it for at least four seconds, finally shoves it over the goal line. They get on the Bat-Phone to Toronto...good goal! WTF? Who's running things up there, Rob Ford? Horrible call.
    We were watching the game at our local pub/hangout and even we were surprised by that call. We thought for sure that it was no goal. They still lost though so karma got them in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    They still lost though so karma got them in the end.
    And there you have it!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    And there you have it!
    All well and good, except for the Bettman Bonus Point the Leafs get. As Klonk mentioned, it may figure in to the playoff picture in the spring. I swear, awarding points for losing has got to be the most ridiculous concept in sports.

HBO's 24/7 series is on again, featuring the road to the winter Classic with Toronto vs Detroit. HBO is showing episode 1 in its entirety on its website. Episode 2 has lots of f-bombs, courtesy of Maple Leafs coach Randy Carlyle and RedWings's Mike Babcock. Here is a hilarious f-bomb clip from sir Crosby and the referee ! A tidbit from episode 2...... coach Randy Carlyle compares his players' love of techno music to the '70's disco craze, admiting he is a classic rock man, as he grew up with Led Zepellin, ZZ Top, Black Sabbath.

I'm watching as always, but have to admit to being very bored with the cast of characters on these teams.

I always find it interesting when players are mic'd. Reminds me of this classic scene from Bull Durham (just the first 2.5 minutes).

Anyone believe these are the "real" Blues we are seeing?

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

BREAKING: Flyers win a shootout!

Okay, it was against Bryzgalov, but still!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    Anyone believe these are the "real" Blues we are seeing? BG
    Yes, the Blues are real, BG. I fear them every time they play the Blackhawks, they've got the skill players and they are tough. If their goalie Halak stays healthy, watch out. Last night's game was sloppy on both sides, the ice surface made the puck bounce every which way. With Detroit now in the East, the Blues now are the Blackhawks most intense rival.

Two things about the Blues:

1) they have a very strong backup goalie in Brian Elliott. He's the kind of player who can go on a roll and win a bunch of games in succession. It doesn't mean that Halak still isn't #1, but Hitchcock is smart enough to ride Elliott until he comes back down to earth.

2) their window to win may be fairly short because Ken Hitchcock has always shown to have a short shelf life as an NHL coach. He seems to lose the room within a few years, so this may have to be their year to beat their demons and go deep.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

I heard an audio clip from 7/24 between Todd Bertuzzi and David Clarkson after Bert hit Toronto's water bottle which was on the ice. It was hilarious. If you're looking for arrested development, look no further than your average NHL player.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

yeah that was so ridiculous...

LOL! That was just silly.

I heard two 5-year olds having the same argument in the park, only their vocabulary was more extensive.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I heard two 5-year olds having the same argument in the park, only their vocabulary was more extensive.
    That's a tough neighbourhood!

Happy New Year, all.

Happy New Year!

2014 is the year that The Leafs are going to win the Stanley Cup! GO LEAFS!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Happy New Year!

2014 is the year that The Leafs are going to win the Stanley Cup! GO LEAFS!

What colour is the sky in your world?
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

It's kind of grey today. But everything looks rose coloured through these really cool glasses that I have.