Page 406 of 409 FirstFirst ... 306356396402403404405406407408409 LastLast
Results 10,126 to 10,150 of 10216

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Serengeti Svengali Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Does Emily Kaplan get her questions from kids in 3rd grade? Also, I can't stand Ray Ferraro.
    Yeah, that TNT team is waaaayyyyy better than the ESPN team. (no shocker there I suppose) Messier is the only person I find worth listening to on that channel.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Played so much better than the 1st game. FLA is relentless on their forecheck and Rangers matched it pretty well this time. Both goalies have been incredible. I don't care what anyone says, Rempe makes a difference. Especially against a super physical team like the Panthers.

My aging ticker...
    Loved seeing Rempe play late in the fourth and in the OT period.

And with Vesey being ruled out (unfortunatley), its quite likely Rempe will continue to make the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Yeah, that TNT team is waaaayyyyy better than the ESPN team. (no shocker there I suppose) Messier is the only person I find worth listening to on that channel.
    I find both broadcast teams pretty much intolerable. 80-90% of the games that I watch during the regular season are Canadian broadcasts and, now that those aren't a realistic option, man do I miss them.

If they could put together Mess, Henrik, and a studio person who isn't irritating I would probably be OK with that.

The eons are closing
    Like Henrik, but can't stand Messier - and really it's more the fucking perpetual fawning over him on the air making me wretch...less the analysis

Disappointed with Kaplan as I think normally she is excellent.

Sent from my NE2217 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

If not for Igor, good chance NYR would've been swept already. I mean there are moments and they've been opportunistic, but this has been all FLA. The best players are nowhere to be found. Credit to FLA though...they are fucking relentless.

Let's go Rangers!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

The eons are closing
    If not for Igor, good chance NYR would've been swept already. I mean there are moments and they've been opportunistic, but this has been all FLA. The best players are nowhere to be found. Credit to FLA though...they are fucking relentless.
    Subban was hyperventilating on live TV with his slurping Igor so thoroughly.... Even The Anti Christ sitting next to him was like...woah [emoji44]! And Levy was appropriately both cranking PK up and cutting him at the same time.

That said - Klonker is right - if the blue shirts (shudder) get thru - only Igor to thank.

Congratulations to Minnesota! The first ever winners of the PWHL's Walter Cup.

I have to say that I've really enjoyed watching the women play this season. I think the response to this league has been greater than anyone involved in the league ever expected. I'm looking forward to seeing the league grow and move to bigger venues in the future.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post

I have to say that I've really enjoyed watching the women play this season. I think the response to this league has been greater than anyone involved in the league ever expected. I'm looking forward to seeing the league grow and move to bigger venues in the future.
    I did not know about the Game 4 craziness with the disallowed goal! Wow!

I didn't know it is called the Walter Cup because the LA Dodgers owner financed the whole league!

Fork meet Rangers

Call me dumb if you must, but I just can't get excited about a league with no team names.

Also, was this shown on TV in the US? I never saw it on, even the playoffs/finals.

Call me dumb if you must, but I just can't get excited about a league with no team names.
    No names and very plain jerseys. I might have bought some swag if it had something on it other than "Toronto". I can buy a Toronto t-shirt at any tourist gift shop for a fraction of the PWHL swag prices.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    The Boston team is actually based in Lowell. They should have resurrected the Lock Monsters name that the Devils organization dropped when they took over.

I heard on the radio that local interest in the team has led to a surge in girls playing street hockey, similar to how street hockey became popular around here a million years ago when I was a kid and Bobby Orr was the big star. Pretty cool.
    I don't recall ever seeing any girls playing street hockey back then.

Fork meet Rangers
    They lost, but also played their best game of the series. It's not over yet.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    The Boston team is actually based in Lowell. They should have resurrected the Lock Monsters name that the Devils organization dropped when they took over.
    Indeed. And the team motto could be "If we catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks, we're gonna send you back to mother in a cardboard box!"

No names and very plain jerseys. I might have bought some swag if it had something on it other than "Toronto". I can buy a Toronto t-shirt at any tourist gift shop for a fraction of the PWHL swag prices.
    True. Will the color schemes change when they introduce logos?

And oof. yeah. good point.

IIRC I would say the second game was their best.

But they just can't figure out the third period. Florida dominates every single one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post

I heard on the radio that local interest in the team has led to a surge in girls playing street hockey, similar to how street hockey became popular around here a million years ago when I was a kid and Bobby Orr was the big star. Pretty cool.
    I don't recall ever seeing any girls playing street hockey back then.
    Growing the game is always a plus. And when they actually have teams/its on TV I will watch (and certainly wish the league well in the interim).

The eons are closing
    That's a fact.

Though I will state that every time Okposo has the puck - I say the fastest hail Mary that he'll score..... He's been close, but Igor is Igor.

Growing the game is always a plus. And when they actually have teams/its on TV I will watch (and certainly wish the league well in the interim).
    Interesting that it's not aired where you are. Almost every game, including the all US team final, was aired in Canada. Some games on TSN (our ESPN equivalent) and many of the Canadian teams on CBC (publicly funded Canadian network).

Interesting that it's not aired where you are. Almost every game, including the all US team final, was aired in Canada. Some games on TSN (our ESPN equivalent) and many of the Canadian teams on CBC (publicly funded Canadian network).
    well...it is Canada.

But yeah. I mean it could have been somewhere, tucked away in obscurity on some remote channel, but none of the normal sports ones had it, at least that I saw. Perhaps it was a streaming thing here in the US?

well...it is Canada.

But yeah. I mean it could have been somewhere, tucked away in obscurity on some remote channel, but none of the normal sports ones had it, at least that I saw. Perhaps it was a streaming thing here in the US?
    Local/regional sports networks carried games for teams in their respective areas. ALL of the games were available to watch live for free on YouTube.

Let's go Cats. Go Cat Go!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a game. Congrats Cats.

What's with throwing rubber 🐀 rats on the ice?