Page 241 of 404 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291341 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,025 of 10077

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Went to the Flyers game last night and saw them put a good, old-fashioned whuppin' on the Mudsharks.

Good job, boys - save the games like that for when you're all but eliminated.
    A phucking awphul game.

Seriously, Isles beat the Rangers and Pens but get wiped out by Philly? That's not a playoff team to me.

Glad you enjoyed the game Scott!
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

The eons are closing
    Well...its all over but the calculus now for the Isles. 5 pts out with only six pts available, I believe that any one point by Maple Buds will end the Isles season.

It all went sideways at that critical Bruins / Isles tilt. Isles had beaten blueshirts and the Cindy's, Bruins were losers of 4 straight.

However, the Curse of Johnny Boychuk didn't work as he was a scratch for that game. Bruins win....haven't lost since. Isles lose next two dropping, fast out of race.

Now...an epic collapse by the Maple Buds would be appreciated [emoji2] but not likely at this juncture. And anything less than 6 pts bybthe Isles over the last three won't work.

Oh well......

What about the Sens? They're even with the Leafs. Do they have the tie-breaker on you?
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    What about the Sens? They're even with the Leafs. Do they have the tie-breaker on you?
    Here are all the scenarios for the Eastern Division. https://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs...this-week.html

It's friggin' Days of Our Lives here in Ottawa. Karlsson's out with a foot injury from blocking a shot. They are brutal the next two games without him. Miraculously, he's back, but they still lose in the shootout against the Red Wings. They come back the next night and shut out the Wings but Karlsson goes down again. Who else is out? Zach Smith, Marc Methot, Cody Ceci, Bobby Ryan. Colin White plays in the first game against the Wings, but sits out last night. Stud D-man Ben Harpur plays awesome after Karlsson goes down. And most noteworthy, Clarke MacArthur returned last night after being out almost 2 full seasons. First shift he goes barrelling into a guy on the forecheck and misses him! No worse for wear. I think he ended up playing almost 10 minutes and didn't look too bad for such a long absence.

As I mentioned previously, they should make it in without too much problem, but if they are the second wildcard, they will face Washington, and that will not be a good matchup. My first pick would be to face Boston in the first round. They seem to match up well against them. Toronto would be a good series too. Of course, if they are still missing most of the 4 or 5 guys mentioned above, they will go out with a whimper.

There's more shit going on including a law suite by the former head of marketing for the club who is suing for lost benefits and damages. Lots of dirty laundry in the internal emails he made public which take a bit of the shine off an otherwise decent season. Oh how the World Turns ...
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Nice to see that talented little shit Marchand get suspended. Now only if the league would have enough balls to take some action against that other talented prick, Cindy Crosby, THAT would be amazing!!

Well Scott, Rangers/Habs again eh?? Bring it on!!
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    Nice to see that talented little shit Marchand get suspended. Now only if the league would have enough balls to take some action against that other talented prick, Cindy Crosby, THAT would be amazing!!

Well Scott, Rangers/Habs again eh?? Bring it on!!
    As a Bruins fan, I support this suspension. Marchand is a prick who plays on the edge, and occasionally crosses it. It's right to impose discipline when he does. In this case, there was really no excuse for what he did. He needs to learn and let his talent do the talking. He's lucky he won't miss any playoff time.

But in line with what you said, what bugs me is the inconsistency, and Cindy Crosby getting away with exactly this kind of crap is a perfect example. Here's one he got away with for which there was no discipline:

https://youtu.be/RUnSZddpObo

If the league wants to be serious about this, they need to be more consistent.

Bill

The eons are closing
    If I can't have balls, no one can! - Cindy Crosby

I say let Lundqvist handle disciplining Crosby:

The eons are closing
    Fuck all i have to root for Boston tonight...

My brother will be laughing at me....

Are you so eager to get taken out by the Caps in 4 straight?

The eons are closing
    You do realize that the Isles won the season series against the Caps right? [emoji2] And the Rangers. and the Cindy's. And Boston And Toronto. And Montreal.

We can beat all of them.

Its bottom dweller teams like Philly, carolina and the Devils where we consistently underwhelm. And by consistent, I mean god awful. All those pts, wasted.

No disrespect intended! Except for Klonker LOL. [emoji3]
    Last edited by MudShark22; 04-06-2017 at 11:22 PM.

The eons are closing
    Congrats to the Sens!
    Stoopid Bruins.
    At least the Maple Buds came thru

Toronto is holding our collective breath right now. We need one win. ONE WIN! And we've lost the last two.

We have two games left. The problem is that our last two games are back-to-back and against the Penguins and the Blue Jackets. Here's hoping those two teams rest their top players.

You need to force both games to OT at the very least... Hope the Leafs can hold on to that last spot even though it means a potentially quick exit afterwards. The Caps have been known to have epic fails in the playoffs so you never know...

I like the Habs chances in our bracket. Our biggest challenge will be the opening round.

Yeah...I believe all Toronto needs is 1pt. and Isles have to win out. Devils would LOVE to play spoiler. And don't count out Tampa.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Scott, I keep waiting for you to begin the trash talk... you know, how you're playing the Canadian Diving Team, etc.... Saving it for Game 1 ?

patience grasshoppah...

Truth be told, I'm not very optimistic. I think both our teams have an equal shot to move on a round or 2, but after that...nah. Who know though!

Of course maybe we'll get lucky and that moron defenseman Yemelin will decide to trip Kreider into Price again

Emelin is currently injured. I hope he remains injured forever...

I'm expecting a long and exciting series. The Habs have played well against the Rangers but the games have been end to end action. We've gotten bigger since the trade deadline so there should be no intimidation factor. I am just afraid that if our offense shuts down, we're doomed. Rangers can score!

Intimidation factor? From the Rangers?! We do have the speed and scoring thing going...especially on the rush. That is our bread n butter. Henrik needs to be an all-star as the D has been pretty weak. Most of all, we HAVE to start to win at home!!

If I were Montreal, I would focus on beating Tampa and keeping them out of the playoffs. That's the most dangerous team currently out of the picture. Hedman playing stellar... he put in close to 30 mins last night.

The eons are closing
    I gonna be in the North Country over the weekend so only Isles via internet radio.

Probably best anyway so I don't throw my binger x-) thru the plasma TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    If I were Montreal, I would focus on beating Tampa and keeping them out of the playoffs. That's the most dangerous team currently out of the picture. Hedman playing stellar... he put in close to 30 mins last night.
    Plus, there would other benefits to a certain team...

I expect the Habs to play strong tonight. You look at the score of their last game and see a 2-1 loss to Buffalo but that does not paint the picture of that game. Habs dominated the game but ran into a hot goalie. Meanwhile the Sabres scored 2 goals where the puck had eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Truth be told, I'm not very optimistic. I think both our teams have an equal shot to move on a round or 2, but after that...nah. Who know though!

Of course maybe we'll get lucky and that moron defenseman Yemelin will decide to trip Kreider into Price again
    Blocker-feeding time!!
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)