Page 23 of 404 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Lino
    No need to feel bad about the Rangers game. They were the NHL's answer to insomnia last year, so hey, let their fans put up with some of the shit we had to watch all year.

Leafs 7 Lightning 3 Oh, wait, that was last time. I can't believe the Bolts won ! On 19 shots ?? Are you sure Torts wasn't watching this game ? Ya gotta love Torts - he was the coach here for a while too. The stuff he says...

He's an asshole.

(that was for you, Klonk )
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

The eons are closing
    He has been the most 'hated' NHL coach in Casa MudShark since his days with the Lightning.
    Its only appropriate that he is with the Rangers now.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    He's an asshole.

(that was for you, Klonk )
    I know

I love Torts and how he is with the stupid media. It's hilarious and well deserved with the dumbass questions they ask.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    No need to feel bad about the Rangers game. They were the NHL's answer to insomnia last year, so hey, let their fans put up with some of the shit we had to watch all year.
    I hate you. If sacrificing bodies to block shots all over the ice and forechecking the shit out of teams makes you sleepy, it's appropriate you are a soccer fan And by the way, I see your Leafy boys campin' out between the blue lines under Carlyle my friend!

Yves your absolutely right. It's two more points. But it's not the type of hockey I like to watch. Not by a longshot. I have never in all my life heard the Garden so quiet

Watching DiPietro lose to Ottawa last night reminded me of all the truly shitty goalies Ottawa has had over the years and how nice it is now that they actually two or three guys who DON'T SUCK!

DiPietro may not be too anxious to pack it as he still has 9 MORE YEARS on that sweetheart deal! Let's see, he played 8 or 10 games last year and 3 so far this year. The prog reference is definitely "EASY MONEY".

Lino
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I hate you. If sacrificing bodies to block shots all over the ice and forechecking the shit out of teams makes you sleepy, it's appropriate you are a soccer fan And by the way, I see your Leafy boys campin' out between the blue lines under Carlyle my friend!
    I'm just jealous of the success bro. I'm enjoying our wins however they come. I had to miss Saturday's 3-0 win over ottawa, but the next day even my most fervant Leaf fan friends were saying they were horrible/boring/shit. Hey baby, all *I* know is the score I read, and I love it!

The eons are closing
    He is untradable and as a hockey goalie; between his multiple knee surgeries (at least four); the All Star skillz competion hip injury; facial fractures and concussion (from the goalie fight w/ Pen's Johnson), a hernia and his rustyness from playing about a half season worth of games in the last four years: He is done.

He will not retire.
    Why would you if the Isles were paying you $4.5 million per year until 2021 for a total of $36 million remaining!!!!
    He makes the same per season right now as Brodeur!
    A summer 2013 buyout would cost the Isles $24 million; but his cap hit would be reduced to $1.5 million per year....however under the new CBA, that would last until 2029.

Between DiPietro and the absentee Tim Thomas; they combine for almost 19% of the entire Isles' cap this season. Throw in Yashin....

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Watching DiPietro lose to Ottawa last night reminded me of all the truly shitty goalies Ottawa has had over the years and how nice it is now that they actually two or three guys who DON'T SUCK!

DiPietro may not be too anxious to pack it as he still has 9 MORE YEARS on that sweetheart deal! Let's see, he played 8 or 10 games last year and 3 so far this year. The prog reference is definitely "EASY MONEY".

Lindy Ruff has been fired.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

The eons are closing
    Oh!!! And I forgot that Mad Mike Milbury could have taken Heatley or Gaborik instead of DiPietro; though we all know Milbury would have traded either of them for a shot of penicillin and a reach around.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Lindy Ruff has been fired.
    And Yahoo is guessing that he'll end up in Long Island if Capuano does not solve the inconsistency problem fast.

The eons are closing

How could anyone turn down a shot of penicillin and a reach around?

Lino, I love you man!

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    That may have been the single most boring hockey game I have ever seen!
    You've never seen the Devils play?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Tough to criticize something that doesn't exist.

Unless you're criticizing it for not existing, I guess.

Actually as much as I dislike the Devils, I love the way they play. In your face all game long. The dead puck era Devils was a whole other story...zzzzz

Yeah, they still dump and chase, and it's a slog to get through the neutral zone. But I loved watching the dead puck Devils, too.

It's amazing consistency, though. They've been playing Devils hockey for 20 years. The Ottawa broadcast crew really talked up the system the other day during the Devils/Sens game. Guys come in, superstars leave, superstars come in, but they all play the same way.

The NHL is the prog of sports.

That said, 100% of the blame here goes to Bettman - you know, the guy who negotiated a contract with a network that wasn't ESPN? "The Outdoor Network" - remember that?

What a tool.

But now that the Outdoor Network has become NBC Sports (after having been Vs.), it has worked out. Not saying he saw that coming, but the NHL works well on NBC Sports.

And, honestly, how much do any of you guys watch ESPN anymore? I barely even watched MNF this past season. And Sportscenter? No thanks. I don't need an hour of basketball highlights and inane football speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    But now that the Outdoor Network has become NBC Sports (after having been Vs.), it has worked out. Not saying he saw that coming, but the NHL works well on NBC Sports.

And, honestly, how much do any of you guys watch ESPN anymore? I barely even watched MNF this past season. And Sportscenter? No thanks. I don't need an hour of basketball highlights and inane football speculation.
    It works now, but the damage has been done through years of terrible marketing and exposure.

And I watch ESPN all the time, and listen to Mike & Mike on the radio - where they talk about NASCAR more than they talk about hockey. NASCAR! It's not even a freaking sport! I do, however, pretty much ignore ESPN this time of year as I also can't take the constant basketball coverage, but Bettman really screwed the game, IMO.

Yikes, I made a comment the other day about Ruff's days being numbered, but I really thought they would wait until the end of the year. It must have been hard on Regher (sp?) to fire his long time bud.

This Flyer/Penguin game is insane. Flyers are startin to self destruct here in the 3rd...

Damn, this Flyers/Penguins game is awesome!

LOVE that they disallowed a P'burgh goal!!!!

HOLY SHIT!!!