Page 116 of 404 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 10088

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Wild bounce ends Wild season...Congrats, B'Hawks.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Let's hope the Habs were inspired by the Rangers Game 7 road win!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Wow...Rangers really let Pitt take it to 'em in the 3rd there...whew! My heart can't take this shit anymore Henrik was unbelievable. I also can't remember a game where the Rangers blew so many odd man rushes. But we hung in there and did it baby!

On to next round!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Wow...Rangers really let Pitt take it to 'em in the 3rd there...whew! My heart can't take this shit anymore Henrik was unbelievable. I also can't remember a game where the Rangers blew so many odd man rushes. But we hung in there and did it baby!

On to next round!
    Playing 4 on 4 with only five minutes left didn't help. I love 4 on 4 hockey, but at the end of game 7 it was a bit too stressful. I'm really not invested in any of the winners, but I was cheering for the Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Let's hope the Habs were inspired by the Rangers Game 7 road win!
    I'll be watching and rooting for the Habs tonight. I'd like to see the top two Eastern division winners knocked out for no other reason than I love an underdog. Plus, of course, it would be nice to see a Canadian team win. And even nicer to see Boston go down.

Probably not available in Beantown : Habcuts !

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...cuts-1.2641889

Good on the Rangers. I was only able to see the third period and man, both teams were totally out of gas. Still, it was pretty exciting hockey and kudos to King Henrick - he was solid.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

I think that Super Mario is going to have to clean house in Pittsburgh. The chemistry on that team seems all wrong. Maybe put Crosby on the trading block and get the maximum you can for him. I think he's already on the decline or just needs a frsh start somewhere.

Bylsma will be the first one to go in Pittsburgh. They're much more likely to get rid of Malkin than Crosby.

Congrats Klonk and all Rangers fans, nice to see Pittsburgh out. Now hopefully we'll get a chance to knock you guys out

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Good on the Rangers. I was only able to see the third period and man, both teams were totally out of gas. Still, it was pretty exciting hockey and kudos to King Henrick - he was solid.
    Holy crap that was insane!!

I don't really think the Pens would trade Crosby at this point in his career, but if they did, who or what would be fair compensation for what is probably the best player in the world at the moment (when he's healthy)? I would have to go through all the teams' rosters to see who the Pens might want in return. There are a few elite players that may be wearing different sweaters next season - Eric Staal, Jason Spezza, Dion Phaneuf to name three. But would Pittsburgh want someone else's problem player? If the problem in Pittsburgh isn't talent but more a question of chemistry, then maybe the chemistry teacher (i.e., Bylsma) should be the one to be replaced.

Of course, no one thought that Gretzky would ever be traded either, but then that was deal between two eventual criminals. :-)
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

A Crosby trade is indeed far-fetched. However, maybe Mario could steal a page from Bill Belichick of the Patriots and get rid of a guy just before he's really on the decline and get maximum compensation for him. I think Bylsma and/or Malkin will go before Crosby does.

Quote Originally Posted by tom unbound View Post
    Probably not available in Beantown : Habcuts !

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...cuts-1.2641889
    Now that's commitment!

I am glad that the Minnesota Cooke's are done. BIG game tonight. Could go either way.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by Brave73 View Post
    I have just the friend to share that with. LOL!

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Bring on the Rangers!

Scott! It's gonna be a blast!

OLÉ OLÉ OLÉ OLÉ
    OLÉ OLÉ!!!

And THAT, Toronto Maple Leafs, is how you hold a third period, Game 7 lead, against the Boston Bruins.

Going to be a great semi-final.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    And THAT, Toronto Maple Leafs, is how you hold a third period, Game 7 lead, against the Boston Bruins.
    That's almost exactly what I posted on my FB page after the game.

"I hope the Leafs were watching and learning tonight, because THAT'S how you take out Boston in game 7."

Not a big NHL fan, but will be checking in to see the entertaining exchanges between Yves & Scott!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

It will be friendly, good natured banter. Rangers would have been the team I would have backed to the Cup had Boston prevailed last night.

Too many people here too confident after last night. Rangers have had a good playoff run and they're not gonna just roll over. I'm thinking 6 games minimum, unless they can't figure out Price. Then, it could be a short series.

Geeze...we're both good-natured fans. There's no "Mysterious Traveling" here

Yves, You guys have had our number for a loooooong time...especially in Montreal. Both teams are incredibly similar in size and in style of play. Not to mention both goalies have been playing out of this world. Of course I hope we sweep you bastards, but I can see this going 7. I still can't believe we made it this far...
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

No matter who wins the series I think it's going to be cool to get some fresh blood in the finals. It's been 20 years since either of those teams have played for the Stanley Cup.

Scott, I agree with your assessment above. Habs and their fans may have a rude awakening on Saturday if they're still basking in the afterglow of last night. I think Therrien will have them focused and ready to play though.

Of course I think the Habs have a slight advantage in all facets of the game, but so did the Pens and they're playing golf!

Chicago looking tough to beat in the West so we may be looking at yet another Original 6 final!