Page 100 of 404 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 10088

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Yeah man...that Kudobin dude is a hell of a goalie!
    You say that just in time for him to give up four quick ones against NJ tonight. Then, Ruutu scores the winning fucking goal.
    Nothing new; they traded Jokinen to Pittsburgh and then what happens the first time they play Pitt afterwards? Hat trick for Jokinen.

He's had some success, but I really feel that Jim Rutherford's got to go in Carolina. It doesn't seem to matter who's on the ice or in net or on the bench, it's the same mediocre shit every year and the same lame sound bites from the locker room post-game. "We just gotta come oat and stick with our game and maybe we can get a lucky bounce or two. We're only 6 - no, 8, no 10 - points out of that eighth spot."
    And they need somebody with some 'nads wearing the "C". Eric's a fine player that any team would love to have, (same as Jordan and Marc) but I don't think he's ever been comfortable as captain and he's never quite been up to a "franchise"-level player.
    It says volumes that, when Eric was hurt earlier this year, Skinner was on a different line, he was scoring, and the Canes were winning.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Wicked deflection into the net for Chris Kreider 14 ticks into the 3rd. Rangers up 2-0. Matinee action vs. fellow Original 8'er R'Wings. Great shot by McDonagh who has been on fire. Pretty assist to start it off by Stepan, 16 game point streak for him. Loo-king good. Was worried a bit whether the penalty killing would be affected with the loss of Callahan. NOT.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Well this is very sad...from the Calgary Flames website.

Statement regarding Matt Stajan's leave

It is with great sadness we inform that Katie and Matt Stajan are grieving the loss of their son, Emerson Stajan. Emerson passed away Monday, March 3, 2014, following childbirth.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Katie and Matt at this difficult time. We appreciate that everyone has and will continue to respect their privacy during this period.

A private memorial service will take place in the ensuing days.

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=708653

Oh, man, that's horrible. What a shame.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

What is the future of Hockey Night In Canada under the new Rogers deal? The answer is George Stroumboulopoulos.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/george-s...ason-1.2566664

thoughts also with rich peverley of the stars

I only saw little news clips about it, but that looked really scary.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Jiri Fischer incident comes to mind. Last I heard Peverley was alert and responsive. He's had heart issues apparently.

Sad to hear about Matt Stajan's son too. What a shame. Thoughts are with these guys and their families.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Cats On Glue View Post
    thoughts also with rich peverley of the stars
    Wow. I didn't know about this so I googled it. http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...kets-1.2567569

Cudos to both teams and the NHL for their willingness to reschedule the game. Had this been a knockout from a fight or check and happened on the ice, there would have been no rescheduling.

I'm glad to read that he seems to be okay.

From Esther's article:

"Dr. Gil Salazar of UT Southwestern Hospitals said Peverley was treated "successfully" for a cardiac event at American Airlines Center.

"We provided oxygen for him," Salazar said. "We started an IV. We did chest compressions on him and defibrillated him, provided some electricity to bring a rhythm back to his heart, and that was successful with one attempt, which is very reassuring.

"As soon as we treated him, he regained consciousness. He was able to tell me where he was.
    "

Defibrillated him? Didn't realize it was that serious.

doctor said his first question was if he could get back in to the game. gotta love these tough hockey guys but he better watch himself.

I was wondering, when reading the article, if that was his last game. When you're losing consciousness just from sitting to the bench, you gotta wonder whether a career change is in order.

Rangers have been garbage lately. Who would've thought a team with Nash, St. Louis & Richards would have trouble scoring?

Habs are back to shitting the bed. The team has been mum about this mysterious "low body injury" that Price has. How could he have played through the Olympics with an ailment that has made him sit out every game since? Budaj is being exposed as the sub-par #2 that he is...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Meanwhile the Leafs are sitting at #2 in the division. Who expected that this late into the season?! Bernier left last night's game with an injury. That's okay with me. Let Reimer play a few games. He totally carried the team the last two seasons and has been getting shafted since Bernier arrived IMO. Of course if the Leafs blow the next couple of games I could be singing a different tune. LOL!

With only 14 regular season games left, we're coming into the home stretch.

Flyers have a home and home this weekend against the hated Penguins.

One win would be huge, but I'm not too confident.

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    Rangers have been garbage lately. Who would've thought a team with Nash, St. Louis & Richards would have trouble scoring?
    Hag's trick saves the trip.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Lucky to escape that one as Winnipeg totally dominated that 3rd period. Not pleased with the play of the Rangers since before the olympic break. This team has no sack.

Didn't get to watch Flyers-Pens today, but love the outcome - Flyers shut out the Crybabys 4-0. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    Pick up Lecavalier from the Flyers and you'll have Tampa's best line !! But for full effect, you need Torts too !!

Habs pick up 4 huge points this weekend to leap frog back over the Leafs and the Bolts. Someone go to Stan's house to see if he didn't do any rash following that crazy Habs-Sens game on Saturday!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Rangers get robbed of a goal and are starting to plummet while everyone else seems to be winning...

A SWEEP of the Pens!!

And NO points for Cindy!!!

Flyers are playing awesome. I look forward to their annual playoff failure It keeps me sane with the annual Ranger playoff failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Flyers are playing awesome. I look forward to their annual playoff failure It keeps me sane with the annual Ranger playoff failure.
    Haha! Yes, they've definitely improved as the season has gone on, but I'm under no illusions about their playoff hopes!

They have a rough week coming up, with games against Chicago, LA, and St. Louis.