Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saxon - albums to get

Everything up to Crusader, and possibly Crusader included, due to to the monumental title track.

An essential metal band, one that kept the strong ties with the rock'n'roll tradition of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    I saw they are playing up in the Poconos near where my mom has a summer house. Uriah Heep is joining them (I'm guessing as an opening band but not sure).
    It's a co-headling tour, they leave it up to the promoter to decide which one goes first and last.

Quote Originally Posted by zeprogmeister View Post
    It's a co-headling tour, they leave it up to the promoter to decide which one goes first and last.
    I have tickets to the Grand Rapids Michigan show and am under the impression that Heep is the headliner and Saxon is opening.

I'm going to the Cedar Rapids show. The venue website is totally mum about the order of the acts. You would think it would be Heep b/c they were a much bigger band in the USA but who knows. I don't really care as long as Heep gets a decent set length.

In the mean time I've got to bone up on the music of Saxon. Can't say I've ever heard a single song by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    Everything up to Crusader, and possibly Crusader included, due to to the monumental title track.

An essential metal band, one that kept the strong ties with the rock'n'roll tradition of the past.
    I concur, "Crusader" is a cut above typical NWOBHM fare. Great song...

...as is "The Eagle has Landed"

^^^ I've now heard one song. The bass intro goes on for way too long but eventually it rocks.