Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matthew Parmenter - "All Our Yesterdays" third solo album released early 2016

Matthew Parmenter - "All Our Yesterdays" third solo album released early 2016

Bad Elephant Music is proud to announce the signing of Matthew Parmenter, vocalist/keyboard player and main writer with cult US progressive band Discipline, to its burgeoning stable of well-respected artists.

Matthew’s third solo album All Our Yesterdays is a stunning piece of work, best experienced as a single, all-encompassing musical odyssey. Each track can be taken on its own individual merit but the full, immersive effect is most evident when they’re all heard in succession. The listener is transported on an allegorical journey and emerges transformed at the close of the album.

Apart from four tracks on which Paul Dzenzel appears on drums, Matthew sings and plays all the instruments - yet the album still has the feel of a full rock band.

Matthew Parmenter: “Thanks to the infamous fire drill at the Summers End festival, members of Bad Elephant Music were pointed out to me while waiting for the fire brigade to arrive. We eventually hooked up, and thankfully they brought me on board. We can all blame it on the fog machine."

Martin Hutchinson (BEM): “The brilliant songwriting, haunting melodies and sheer emotion that emanate from this striking record make it one of the most intriguing releases for next year already. We’re very excited and proud that Matthew has decided to come aboard and take the next step in his illustrious career with us.”

All Our Yesterdays will be released in early 2016.

http://www.badelephant.co.uk/
    http://www.strungoutrecords.com/

GREAT news, and auto-buy! I'll post any ordering info when it appears.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

SWEET! Autobuy for me!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Ditto!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Yup!
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

Auto buy.

Auto

Orcopian
    Fantastic news and a great coup for bad elephant, they really seem to be on the up with quite an eclectic but mostly excellent set of releases behind them already.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Wow, very cool!!

Another auto buy here.

Everything from the Discipline camp is highly welcome, although I always miss Bouda on Matts solo Albums.

Bad Elephant might become a label to watch now. Trojan Horse is on the label (releasing the outstanding World Turned Upside Down in 2014). Now Parmenter. I might have to check out some of the other bands on the label.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Bad Elephant might become a label to watch now. Trojan Horse is on the label (releasing the outstanding World Turned Upside Down in 2014). Now Parmenter. I might have to check out some of the other bands on the label.

It's a great label.

There will be a lot of great music coming from BEM, I'll keep you updated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For BEM releases may I recommend this - It's Emmett Elvin from Guapo/Knifeworld/Chrome Hoof's excellent solo album that features loads of people from the London avant-prog end of things.

https://emmettelvin.bandcamp.com/album/bloody-marvels

As you can imagine we're really looking forward to releasing 'All Our Yesterdays', and we're beyond happy that Matthew is entrusting the album to us. It's a fantastic album.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Stevens View Post
    For BEM releases may I recommend this - It's Emmett Elvin from Guapo/Knifeworld/Chrome Hoof's excellent solo album that features loads of people from the London avant-prog end of things.

Yep. I'll order. Might grab something else while I'm there. I don't know The Fierce and The Dead, but I'll bite.

Great!

Anticipating new Discipline now. Guess it'll take some time, tho'.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

http://www.justforkicks.de/detail.as...id=21171&lid=1

Tracklist:
    1. Scheherazade
    2. Danse du Ventre
    3. Digital
    4. I Am a Shadow
    5. All for Nothing
    6. All Our Yesterdays
    7. Stuff in the Bag
    8. Inside
    9. Consumption
    10. Hey for the Dance

Matthew Parmenter – the main man behind renowned Detroit-based progressive rock band Discipline – partners with Bad Elephant Music to release his third solo album. All Our Yesterdays is a stunning piece of work, best experienced as a single, all-encompassing musical odyssey. Each track can be taken on ist own individual merit but the full, immersive effect is most evident when they’re all heard in succession. The listener is transported on an allegorical journey and emerges transformed at the close of the album. Apart from four tracks on which Paul Dzenzel appears on drums, Matthew sings and plays all the instruments - yet the album still has the feel of a full rock band. The album has been mixed by renowned producer Terry Brown (Rush, Cutting Crew) and mastered by Peter Moore.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Cool. Is All Our Yesterdays a Peter Hamill song? Sounds familiar. Or was it a soap opera?

Is it available now, or only now from Just for Kicks (in Germany?)?

Amazon has it listed for a March release.
    Last edited by JKL2000; 01-29-2016 at 07:56 AM.

According to Matthew's Facebook page, it's due out on March 11. I'm looking forward to this one. I really enjoyed his two earlier solo albums.

Not only is any Discipline or MP solo album an autobuy here, but when Discipline played RoSfest, I was introduced to MP by Matt Kennedy (who I knew previously), and the 3 of us had a lovely chat & passed the peace pipe.

His offstage persona made me realize quickly that in addition to his imo staggering writing, playing & singing acumen, he's also quite an actor.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Stevens View Post

I have both those, they're excellent.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    His offstage persona made me realize quickly that in addition to his imo staggering writing, playing & singing acumen, he's also quite an actor.
    Hence the greasepaint... His stage presence is a character he plays. His Mr Hyde. I find MP to be one of the truly underrated musical forces in modern prog. I'd love to hear a collaboration between him and SW.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Hence the greasepaint... His stage presence is a character he plays. His Mr Hyde. I find MP to be one of the truly underrated musical forces in modern prog. I'd love to hear a collaboration between him and SW.
    What an intriguing thought!

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I have both those, they're excellent.
    I did and I'm glad I did!