Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P.F.M. in Los Angeles Nov 13 2015

I understand being less than excited to see a band missing so many of its original members, but for those who DO still want to see Franz DiCioccio and Patrick Djivas play PFM songs with some great players like Allessandro Bonetti from Deus Ex Machina on violin (who plays with them sometimes...and he asserts the new guitarist - whom I dont know - is incredible) this is the only way to do it. The band as a live entity is either gone for good, or still around for another year or two in this form. Flavio and Franco cant do it anymore and if some of the other guys still can I think its great that they are. Its all we have and soon even they wont be around anymore. I say see em while you can, the music may be better live than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by simon moon View Post
    Just got home from the show. All I can say is, it was extremely good.

Whether you call them PFM or not, what I witnessed was world class muicians playing some of the best prog ever written.

I would have been really pissed at myself if I skipped that performance on a 'technicality'.
    What was the setlist like? I'll be going to the NYC show and I'm hoping for enough of the early material to justify it. I'm more concerned with what they're playing than who is playing it, fwiw. I've seen countless reunited bands with original members that were lifeless, and plenty of bands that had some new blood and were all the better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pr33t View Post
    What was the setlist like? I'll be going to the NYC show and I'm hoping for enough of the early material to justify it. I'm more concerned with what they're playing than who is playing it, fwiw. I've seen countless reunited bands with original members that were lifeless, and plenty of bands that had some new blood and were all the better for it.
    I've just looked at the setlist on setlist.fm, and you will not be disappointed... it's practically all early material apart from a couple of songs, although it's definitely missing one huge one from the debut IMO.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I've just looked at the setlist on setlist.fm, and you will not be disappointed... it's practically all early material apart from a couple of songs, although it's definitely missing one huge one from the debut IMO.
    Awesome, that's exactly what I was hoping for.

"Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973