Thread: Mona Lisa GRIMACES

Mona Lisa GRIMACES

Found this for a couple of bucks .... not bad. The CD suffered from denoising so I'm not sure how it compares to the original vinyl, but the music is good prog.

I only have LE PETIT VIOLON DE MONSIEUR GRÉGOIRE and AVANT QU'IL NE SOIT TROP TARD and I really like both of them. Perhaps I should get this one...
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

Quote Originally Posted by ItalProgRules View Post
    I only have LE PETIT VIOLON DE MONSIEUR GRÉGOIRE and AVANT QU'IL NE SOIT TROP TARD and I really like both of them. Perhaps I should get this one...
    Those two and Grimaces are the ones to have. Fine albums of that peculiar French sort of "symphonic theatrical" rock. But skip their first, L'Escapade.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Those two and Grimaces are the ones to have. Fine albums of that peculiar French sort of "symphonic theatrical" rock. But skip their first, L'Escapade.
    Sounds like the Atoll discography! L'araignee-mal and TERTIO are fantastic but the preceding Musiciens-Magiciens sucks donkey cock.

Quote Originally Posted by ItalProgRules View Post
    Sounds like the Atoll discography! L'araignee-mal and TERTIO are fantastic but the preceding Musiciens-Magiciens sucks donkey cock.
    Well, the debut Mona Lisa isn't as uniformly poor as the debut Atoll (IMO), but Grimaces is their first truly realized record, the one pointing forward. Not really total donkeycock, in other words - more, like, just part ramprick.

Come to think of it, the first Pulsar isn't all that strong either. It's a bit goatdick.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Well, the debut Mona Lisa isn't as uniformly poor as the debut Atoll (IMO), but Grimaces is their first truly realized record, the one pointing forward. Not really total donkeycock, in other words - more, like, just part ramprick.

Come to think of it, the first Pulsar isn't all that strong either. It's a bit goatdick.

Pardon your French, but do you guys know something about these records I don't?

Quote Originally Posted by sonic View Post

Pardon your French, but do you guys know something about these records I don't?
    Isn't "le goatdique" proper Franch?