Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 414748495051
Results 1,251 to 1,274 of 1274

Thread: NBA Basketball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Did Golden St ship Jordan Poole off for a 38 year old guy, just to appease Draymond Green in hopes of re-signing him?
    1. to appease Green
    2. Huge amount of financial flexibility next year
    3. If Paul can stay healthy maybe more consistency during playoff time

I don't like Paul and I love most of Poole's game, but the punch had a big effect on the whole team all season

Resized_20230829_154043_701863408730957.jpg

Seasons about ready to start.

The long-delayed James Harden trade to the Clippers was finally completed. The Sixers get four fringe players on expiring contracts, first round picks in 2026 and 2028, second round picks in 2024 and 2029, and the option to swap first round picks in 2029.

Harden says he's not a systems player he's a system. You got to have a big ego to be good in the NBA but I don't think that guy will ever win a title. Sixers could get better by subtraction with him gone.

NBA & NCAA great Walter Davis dead at 69.

I can't see Giannis and Lillard doing much damage in the playoffs. Jrue is the best guard defender, and gave them 20 points on efficiency and think he's a better player than Lillard, who makes highlights, but will never make a team better.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad 2 the Bone View Post
    The long-delayed James Harden trade to the Clippers was finally completed. The Sixers get four fringe players on expiring contracts, first round picks in 2026 and 2028, second round picks in 2024 and 2029, and the option to swap first round picks in 2029.
    I'm impressed at how the Sixers were able to move him without this carrying into the season.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I just got done watching the Sixers cream the Lakers by over 40 points.

LeBron suffering the worst loss of his career as he passes the all-time minutes mark seems a little poetic. That said this LA team doesn't look horrible the way they did at this point last year, but still they're gonna need a higher seed if they don't wanna get wrecked in the first round. Philly looks really good. Embiid arguably playing the best ball of his life and their other shooters are really coming along too. getting rid of Harden seemed to massively improve the vibes there.
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    LeBron suffering the worst loss of his career as he passes the all-time minutes mark seems a little poetic. That said this LA team doesn't look horrible the way they did at this point last year, but still they're gonna need a higher seed if they don't wanna get wrecked in the first round. Philly looks really good. Embiid arguably playing the best ball of his life and their other shooters are really coming along too. getting rid of Harden seemed to massively improve the vibes there.
    Yes and Tyrese Maxey seems to have a bright future if he keeps on playing the way he's been playing. Do I sense a new AI in the making? Maybe.

The Pistons are absolutely horrible. I get that this is Monty Williams first year as head coach and it is a young team, but with guys like Cade Cunningham, Killian Hays & Jaden Ivey on this team they should not be this putrid. Williams may not survive long at this rate.

The Detroit Pistons have the opportunity to become the worst team in NBA history tonight if they lose against the Nets tonight. They would break the all-time loosing streak of all-time in the NBA. Not an enjoyable time to be a Pistons fan at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    The Pistons are absolutely horrible. I get that this is Monty Williams first year as head coach and it is a young team, but with guys like Cade Cunningham, Killian Hays & Jaden Ivey on this team they should not be this putrid. Williams may not survive long at this rate.
    The Suns firing Monty after last season raised eyebrows. Many here in the Phoenix area aren't quite sure why it happened. Being fired after turning around the whipping boys of the NBA to championship contenders may have thrown off Monty's rhythm. The same way when the ball was hiked over Peyton Manning's head, on the very first play of his second to last Super Ball appearance threw off the Broncos' rhythm. Making fools of themselves through the rest of the game. And yet again, a Suns owner trying to build a super team has backfired. They're at risk of not even making the playoffs this year.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    The Suns firing Monty after last season raised eyebrows. Many here in the Phoenix area aren't quite sure why it happened. Being fired after turning around the whipping boys of the NBA to championship contenders may have thrown off Monty's rhythm. The same way when the ball was hiked over Peyton Manning's head, on the very first play of his second to last Super Ball appearance threw off the Broncos' rhythm. Making fools of themselves through the rest of the game. And yet again, a Suns owner trying to build a super team has backfired. They're at risk of not even making the playoffs this year.
    I remember when that was announced I was surprised, and thought he was a great pickup for the Pistons. I don't believe in letting a coach go after just one year, but man things have gone south in a hurry.

I almost never watch NBA basketball unless it has something to do with LeBron. I watched the last two minutes of the Golden State/Lakers game, which took about 25 minutes. And the Lakers lost.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I've lost interest in the NBA but I heard some sports talk this morning, and I now know why I've lost interest. Two words....Draymond Green. An absolute embarrassment. And they won't kick him out of league. You know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I've lost interest in the NBA but I heard some sports talk this morning, and I now know why I've lost interest. Two words....Draymond Green. An absolute embarrassment. And they won't kick him out of league. You know why.
    Green grew up in Saginaw Michigan and played college ball at Michigan State so he is very well known in these parts. In college he always had a tendency toward this kind of behavior, but MSU coach Tom Izzo served as almost a father figure to him and was able to reign in a lot of Green’s negative tendencies. Once Green turned pro though, he was let loose and seems like is constantly getting himself in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I almost never watch NBA basketball unless it has something to do with LeBron. I watched the last two minutes of the Golden State/Lakers game, which took about 25 minutes. And the Lakers lost.
    For decades I would watch the Suns play on TV, if they were in the playoffs. But that's about it.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Anyone watching the playoffs? Didn't see the Lakers@Nuggets game but I'm glad the Nuggets clobbered the Lebrons. Love it. Rooting for Denver to repeat.

Heat? Stick a fork in us. We're going nowhere.

^ Closely following the Cavaliers, per usual.

I'm rooting for the Bucks of course but I'm not as engaged as I was the last few years. one because I don't think anyone in the East is getting past Boston, two the vibes in Milwaukee are just way off. I mean you never know, sometimes teams just look way different once the postseason starts (see: last year's Heat), but I do think Boston is just that good.

Strange game for Dame last night...35 points in the 1st half, 0 in the 2nd. Barring injury, has that ever happened before? I mean scoring 35 in a half in itself is so rare. I do think Curry once did the opposite though (0 in the 1st half, 35 or so in the second)
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

The Lakers lost a 20 point lead and the game on a buzzer beater Denver's Jamal Murray. LeBron had a lot to say about the officiating in this game and the Knicks game when it was over. He's LeBron so he won't get suspended, but he probably will get a fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    LeBron had a lot to say about the officiating in this game and the Knicks game when it was over.
    Well, the Lakers didn't shoot 15 more free throws than their opponents for once so of course the officiating was the problem!

The Keltics are making us pay for that game we "stole" in Boston. They're torching us. They're raining 3s on us.