Thread: John Lennon - 75 tomorrow

John Lennon - 75 tomorrow

Oh....what would John have been up to the last 35 years.....? Music? No music? And would he and Paul worked together again? I think so. They were on their way to coming to terms with each other. Eventually they would have itched to work together again.

SO! In the late '80s John and Paul would have done a Page/Plant thing, and not invited George.

"UnBeatled".

Mostly stuff they could play on two acoustics together. Two Of Us, One After 909, Twenty Flight Rock. Rocky Raccoon. Julia. The Night Before. If I Fell.

And the last song would be a "Too Many People/How Do You Sleep" medley...with lots of laughs.

They would have had a lot of stuff to choose from.

Would John care that Ringo is in a Sketchers ad? Probably not....?

And Paul making 'music' with Taylor Swift and Kanye West? "That's just Paul being Paul.", John would say.

Sad days indeed. Most peculiar Momma.

I'm not sure that John and Paul would have worked together again, even if they were starting to patch up their friendship when John was murdered. From what I've read, the time for The Beatles to reform would have been 1974 or so but of course John disappeared for five years in 1975.

I'm just happy that through all the ups and downs all four members of The Beatles had with each other that they still worked with each other until almost the bitter end of the band (i.e. the Let It Be album sessions with Phil Spector).

How good John and Paul were together (no Ringo or George on this, recorded and mixed in one 8 1/2 hour session ):

/Huge Beatles fan
    //Revolver is my favorite album of theirs
    ///The Strawberry Fields Forever/Penny Lane single is the greatest A&B side ever released
    ...or you could love

Useless to speculate what John would have done because he was restless, he was creative, he was always pushing his comfort zone. He would have done stuff we cannot imagine (pun intended).

Suspended
    He probably would have been collaborating with Steven Wilson, recording covers of Yoko Ono's songs.

I could see the 4 of them having done an Unplugged session on MTV..

Oops, I just started a thread of this in the OT section.

Sean turns 40 today, as well, and in a few short months will have outlived his father.

How depressing.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Oops, I just started a thread of this in the OT section.

Sean turns 40 today, as well, and in a few short months will have outlived his father.

How depressing.
    That occurred to me today too, and I realized that on December 8th of this year, Sean will have lived exactly as long as his Dad, to the day.

This is pretty funny. Tom Jones' first encounter with John Lennon.