Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gilmour tops charts..

These days, old people buy music as much as young people so the chart is full of older acts: looking at this week's UK chart, we have Gilmour at #1, Cliff Richard at #4, Keith Richards at #7, with Stevie Wonder, Iron Maiden, Cilla Black, Elton John and Duran Duran all in the top 40. And for those bemoaning the quality of the charts, I see plenty of good pop music (Jess Glynne, Years & Years, Gabrielle Aplin, George Ezra, Ella Eyre...). Muse are there if you want something by a newer artist that's a bit proggy.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

I also think the charts are pretty healthy, you just need an open mind. My kids make sure I hear some of the current crop, and I've seen George Ezra, James Bay. Hozier, Ed Sheeran, The 1975 and a bunch of others live in recent times with them, and they are good.

Having spent a week with the DG album, I really like it. it has a laid back charm, but it's a good one, and deserving of the top spot. I also enjoyed The Endless River.

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    These days, old people buy music as much as young people so the chart is full of older acts: looking at this week's UK chart, we have Gilmour at #1, Cliff Richard at #4, Keith Richards at #7, with Stevie Wonder, Iron Maiden, Cilla Black, Elton John and Duran Duran all in the top 40. And for those bemoaning the quality of the charts, I see plenty of good pop music (Jess Glynne, Years & Years, Gabrielle Aplin, George Ezra, Ella Eyre...). Muse are there if you want something by a newer artist that's a bit proggy.

Henry
    I'd even go as far to say that older people buy most - if not all - of the music on the charts, since I know very little youngers lads buying any music at all...

(except for those vinyl nazi that are angry at their parent's CD technology and prefer by systematic opposition their grandparents' vinyl technology)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^ Roger Waters - The infrastructure of Pink Floyd.