Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steve Howe in NEWSWEEK magazine

Quote Originally Posted by ProgArtist View Post
    Semantics, really. A new band formed and then decided (against the wishes of some involved) to call it "Yes". So they did reform even if the initial intent wasn't to bring Yes back together. A band by the name of Yes was recording and touring together and included four of Steve's former bandmates but with a young, flashy guitarist. I can't blame him for not being too thrilled.
    Of course Steve has also said when he first heard the 90125 material his first thought was "Hey they are doing Asia"..

Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    "In its 46 years of existence Howe’s band, Yes, has never made the cover of Rolling Stone." Well, that certainly does it for me. All my Yes music, and the trash dunp lies ahead.
    Actually this is a reason to celebrate Yes. Rolling Stone is garbage, nothing more than a fashion magazine. We should be happy Yes was never on the cover.

"None of us are millionaires" ?? Maybe he's just being cagey...

Quote Originally Posted by iguana View Post
    “He lacks a signature style unless you define excellence as a style.”

this.
    Which is silly as Howe has a distinctive style!

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post

Henry
    But it can't easily be described or defined in words. He's not a blues guitarist like Eric Clapton, or a jazz guitarist like Johnny Mac, or even a defining prog-rock guitarist like Bob Fripp. The best description I could come up with is Western Swing, but with a very large twist - he plays like Chet Atkins, but on material with no resemblance to any song Atkins ever played.

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post

Henry
    But it can't easily be described or defined in words. He's not a blues guitarist like Eric Clapton, or a jazz guitarist like Johnny Mac, or even a defining prog-rock guitarist like Bob Fripp. The best description I could come up with is Western Swing, but with a very large twist - he plays like Chet Atkins, but on material with no resemblance to any song Atkins ever played.

Went to B&N to find this and it was already gone replaced with the 25th issue. Howe ever, Guitar Player did do a 2 page article on Steve promoting his Anthology.

Quote Originally Posted by ProgArtist View Post
    As discussed in another thread, it seems as if Steve has recently "owned" Owner on tour based on the newfound intensity he's added to it. I can't blame him for being bitter about 80's Yes. He was in the band and helped keep it together when Jon and Rick left. Then it dissolved after Drama and as far as I know that was against his will. Then not long after they reform without him? I would have been upset. Now maybe with the passing of the years he's let the bitterness go, which can only be good for him.
    Well, him and the keyboardist went off and had a big pop hit with their new band, so fair is fair!