Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Motorpsycho

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Motorpsycho have been releasing old singles and EPs digitally through Bandcamp.
    Ooo. Lots of good stuff here I need to get.

- Matt

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    There’s a horrible single on Spotify by a punk-folk musician named Patrick Fitzgerald, on which Motorpsycho guests. It’s like something Lou Reed would have done near the end. Not good, but good political cover art.

Hello, new single: https://motorpsycho.bandcamp.com/alb...ab-single-edit

The less proggy, less heavy direction continues (?). Whatever. I like it (what did you expect me to say?).
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    It sounds pretty good to me. After the song ended, Spotify started playing recommended stuff, and it played one of the longish tracks ("Hotel Daedalus) from the bands last album, "Yay!." I haven't listened to "Yay!" enough times to know it thoroughly (though I like it), so I didn't recognize the song, but it sounded great, and to my ears very proggy in a psych way; the guitar was WAILING! It hit hard. Bottom line: Motorpsycho is still proggy enough for me to be interested, and if I can judge the upcoming album (I assume one is upcoming) from this single, the progginess remains the same.

Here’s what Motorpsycho have to say about the tune on social media:

Sgt. Psycho on a Friday, new single!
    Psycholab is the first single from Motorpsychos 32nd studio album. Hedonism is the last resort of the desperately disillusioned, so a party song in the face of adversity -Viking style. Or maybe not... - feels appropriate and prescient in 2024.
    Psycholab is a pop song derived from dance performance music that was inspired by the Velvet Underground and 60's performance art, but has a folksy vibe (fiddles!) and a catchy pop hook buried deep in the mix. Traditional Motorpsycho values in other words! Channeling krautrock and 90's dronepop, this gem shines through dense layers of harmony while drum machine and toy drums bash away in a primitive psych groove and the drone goes ever on. Mon Dieu!
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

yeah, new single is great. I like the proggy stuff too but they've done so much of it the last 15 or so years, I don't mind then trying something else for a while. they've certainly paid their dues.
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com