Thread: Neil Young new album

Neil Young new album

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    The new Neil Young album "Fu##in' Up", credited on its cover to simply "Neil & The Horse" (Crazy Horse plus Willie's son Micah Nelson) seems both appealing and unnecessary. It's a recording of a recent live run-through of the Ragged Glory album. All of the Young-penned tunes have been given new titles based on references in their respective lyrics.

I haven't decided whether to buy it yet. Maybe just the digital version.

I love that album. I'll give it a listen, and if I like it, I'll buy it.

I have the new disc. I like it a lot. It is just remakes of Crazy Horse songs, still pretty ragged, and with Micah Nelson on guitar (Willie's son). Has one extended song on the CD, at the end.
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana5140 View Post
    I have the new disc. I like it a lot. It is just remakes of Crazy Horse songs, still pretty ragged, and with Micah Nelson on guitar (Willie's son). Has one extended song on the CD, at the end.
    He was 3 months old when Ragged Glory came out.

Neil is on tour with the Horse now. One interesting bit is that he found a "lost" final verse of "Cortez the Killer" that he debuted at the first show a few nights ago. There are YouTube fan videos easily found if you're so inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    The new Neil Young album "Fu##in' Up", credited on its cover to simply "Neil & The Horse" (Crazy Horse plus Willie's son Micah Nelson) seems both appealing and unnecessary. It's a recording of a recent live run-through of the Ragged Glory album. All of the Young-penned tunes have been given new titles based on references in their respective lyrics.

I haven't decided whether to buy it yet. Maybe just the digital version.

Doesn't like too unique of an offering. But I love Neil so I'll give it a shot.