Thread: Warren Haynes on Why He and Derek Trucks Left the Allman Brothers Band

Warren Haynes on Why He and Derek Trucks Left the Allman Brothers Band

http://www.guitarplayer.com/artists/...-allmans/52566

So they had all pretty much decided to move on but one member of the band started dragging his feet. Butch Trucks leaked something to the press so Derek and Warren had to issue a quick statement. I wish we had seen one more studio album as the last one was pretty damn good but hey, at least they went out on a high note. Now if Derek's band would just start kicking ass again instead of being a mid-tempo backing band...
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I blame Yoko.

Seriously, though, these things happen. They all left amicably and, like you stated, on a high note.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Thanks to Hittin' The Note that got me into ABB, the Mule, and DTB. Hell of an album.

I too was hoping for a follow up to HTN. At least we still have Gov't Mule. Love the Mule more than ABB.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Hittin The Note stands well against anything the band ever released, imho. So sad to see the band go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post

So they had all pretty much decided to move on but one member of the band started dragging his feet. Butch Trucks leaked something to the press so Derek and Warren had to issue a quick statement. I wish we had seen one more studio album as the last one was pretty damn good but hey, at least they went out on a high note. Now if Derek's band would just start kicking ass again instead of being a mid-tempo backing band...
    Gotta agree with your comment on Derek's band. They are incredible musicians and Susan has a great voice, but I have tried with several of their albums and they leave me totally cold. Gov't Mule on the other hand I love and try to see them live anytime they are in the area.

Also agree with the other comments on "Hittin The Note". I think it ranks right up with the bands all time best.

I'm hoping for some reunion down the road or even Jack Pearson and Jimmy Herring to join a new Allman Brothers Band.
    Pull myself together, put on a new face...

Love, love, love the Mule!

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Last ABB album I really go into was Back Where It All Begins.