Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Cruise to th Edge' final line-up confirmed!

'Cruise to th Edge' final line-up confirmed!

5-day event takes place in November with Caravan, Spock’s Beard, Lifesigns and more
    Yes have confirmed the lineup for this year’s edition of their Cruise To The Edge festival at sea.

They’ll be joined by Marillion, Anathema, Bigelf, Caravan, Spock’s Beard, Lifesigns and others aboard the Norwegian Pearl in the Caribbean from November 15 to 19.

An additional event has been added this year – a pre-cruise party in Florida on November 14, featuring Martin Barre, Three Friends and Lifesigns.

Additional attractions include shows with spoken-word elements, Q&A panels, craft beer tasting sessions and “a surprise or two along the way.”

Organisers On The Blue Cruises say: “Cruise To The Edge has been carefully designed to meet the discriminating requirements of the most avid music fan, producing a true fan and artist experience in a surreal and relaxing setting.”

The five-day spectacular will be hosted by Jon Kirkman and will support the Bob Moog Foundation. Tickets and more information can be found at the festival website.

Cruise To The Edge 2015 lineup
    Yes

Marillion

Allan Holdsworth

PFM

Anathema

Spock’s Beard

Caravan

Three Friends

Casey McPherson

Martin Barre

Saga

Lifesigns

Anglagard

Bigelf

Moon Safari

Nektar

Airbag

Messenger

Barracuda Triangle

Steve Rothery Band

Dave Kerzner

Enchant

IOEarth

Jolly

Thank You Scientist

Bad Dreams

The After Hours Prog Jam

It's like being invited to a prog family reunion.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by zeprogmeister View Post
    That's quite a lineup.
    Will there be any room on the ship for passengers????

Quote Originally Posted by Adinfinitum View Post
    All passengers are restricted to four feet in height

That's a lot like a NEARFest lineup
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    All passengers are restricted to four feet in height
    Ha!

We are going to need a bigger boat!

It's gonna rock/prog! Can't wait!!!

Ha!

We are going to need a bigger boat!
    Good one!!

So my lovely bride asks me last week what I want for father's day, to which I reply, of course, nothing

Later in the week, we joke that the lawnmower is almost as old as my house, and she says that's it - new lawnmower

We joked about all week, what a practical gift

All good

So after breakfast yesterday morning, she pulls out a wrapped box, (I figured she copped some last second clothes for me)

So I open it and it's what appear to be yes beach towels and I'm thrilled as with all the Yesshit I've collected over the years I've somehow missed towels

Keep digging says she, and between the two towels are VIP passes for Cruise to the Edge

The little minx had set this up months ago, and waited till father's day to lay it on me

Greatest bride ever!

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Wow, man. You owe her, big-time!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    So my lovely bride asks me last week what I want for father's day, to which I reply, of course, nothing

Later in the week, we joke that the lawnmower is almost as old as my house, and she says that's it - new lawnmower

All good

So after breakfast yesterday morning, she pulls out a wrapped box, (I figured she copped some last second clothes for me)

So I open it and it's what appear to be yes beach towels and I'm thrilled as with all the Yesshit I've collected over the years I've somehow missed towels

Keep digging says she, and between the two towels are VIP passes for Cruise to the Edge

The little minx had set this up months ago, and waited till father's day to lay it on me

Greatest bride ever!

BG
    That's awesome! We don't go VIP, but my friend and I are going for the second time because our wives have made this our birthday/Christmas gift the past two years.

Very cool!

I know, right?

Amazing, all those bands on a boat. My God, when will people sleep, eat, and shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I know, right?

Amazing, all those bands on a boat. My God, when will people sleep, eat, and shit?
    Having done the last two -- you don't, really. 4 hours sleep a night (if people have turned in early) and quick buffet lunches/dinners in the cafeteria. You're basically never in your cabin, either.

All good

Greatest bride ever!

BG
    She's a keeper!

See you on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Wow, man. You owe her, big-time!
    My girls on fire, first Cardinals spring training and now this

35 years on and she's never boring

Quote Originally Posted by ScottAM View Post
    She's a keeper!

See you on board.
    No question on both counts, really looking forward to this

Nektar, PFM, 3 Friends, Anglagard, what a solid line up

Need to figure out the particulars, have no idea what VIP buys us but I have some time

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by Mstove View Post
    That's awesome! We don't go VIP, but my friend and I are going for the second time because our wives have made this our birthday/Christmas gift the past two years.
    Good stuff!

BG

Greatest bride ever!
    Très awesome.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Good stuff!

BG
    Soundchaser93 is correct about sleep and eating, as far as our experience went. We barely hit the room before 5:00 and were up again by 10-11. Managed to crash for an hour or two one afternoon when there was some downtime between artists. Otherwise, we were never in the room. One nice thing about this year's setup is that after the first night of pre-cruise gigs there will be a bit more time to get ahead on some sleep the next morning since boarding won't be until afternoon (I presume - different line so I don't know for sure). We rushed through the buffet for every meal because we weren't there for food. I border on being a bit of a food and wine dork but that is for other trips, IMO. However, other folks liked to do the sit down meals that were included. I think in some cases there were people with spouses who may have had different levels of interest so it was a good compromise for them. I'm really happy to travel with someone who has basically the same music sensibility and desire to get to as many shows as possible so we had no internal conflicts about what to see.

BTW - I believe the VIP guarantees a very close seat for all theater shows and may or may not include an extra meet and greet or two. I'm just going from what others have said, so those could be wrong.

Enjoy! It is a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mstove View Post
    Soundchaser93 is correct about sleep and eating, as far as our experience went. We barely hit the room before 5:00 and were up again by 10-11. Managed to crash for an hour or two one afternoon when there was some downtime between artists. Otherwise, we were never in the room. One nice thing about this year's setup is that after the first night of pre-cruise gigs there will be a bit more time to get ahead on some sleep the next morning since boarding won't be until afternoon (I presume - different line so I don't know for sure). We rushed through the buffet for every meal because we weren't there for food. I border on being a bit of a food and wine dork but that is for other trips, IMO. However, other folks liked to do the sit down meals that were included. I think in some cases there were people with spouses who may have had different levels of interest so it was a good compromise for them. I'm really happy to travel with someone who has basically the same music sensibility and desire to get to as many shows as possible so we had no internal conflicts about what to see.

BTW - I believe the VIP guarantees a very close seat for all theater shows and may or may not include an extra meet and greet or two. I'm just going from what others have said, so those could be wrong.

Enjoy! It is a blast.
    Thanks bro, I'm sure that we will

Left to my own devices I would likely miss a few of the acts that I haven't heard of or have a lesser interest in, but if I know my girl she will want to catch as much as possible

I'll try and investigate a few more prior to the show, still kind of in shock that this is going down

BG

That's a hell of a lineup. I won't be on the cruise, but I'll show up at that party with those 3 acts. Three Friends..can't miss it. As far as food on cruises go...so easy to put on 10 pounds in a week with all that stuff..better off staying busy!

I tried to imagine myself in the cruise like that, but it scared me away. Five days of non-stop gigs, permanent noise and crowds of semi-drunk sweaty ugly-looking overweight men? Oh, no...
    I guess I'm getting older and have been listening more and more ECM music....
    Unless you drunk or high as a sailor all the time....

I will speak to the coordinators and suggest that having good looking, in shape men aboard *may* be more to some peoples liking, for future efforts!

BG

Late addition: The Neal Morse Band. OK, now I'm really excited, SB, Casey McPherson already on board, some interesting possibilities do come to mind. Neal and Mike said they are going to do an All-Star tribute to Chris Squire, that should be a gas, too.

Seriously pleased about this - although shame that BigElf have had to pull out.
    If only Steve Hackett (and by association Roine Stolt) weren't tied to commitments on the mainland......
    CTTE have now been able to rescue a good few survivors from the missing ProgNation at Sea...anyone spot Jon in the water?