Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy The Kickstarter

Add the Hoffman forum to those. Just started a new thread.

We are a dedicated lot!

How about Gearslutz?

101 backers so far. One more week to go and another $ 1500 to reach the goal.

My pledge took it within $1000 of its goal. Come on people, it is now time to step up get this project funded.

I pledged. Kind of surprising that this is cutting it so close. The deals are good and this is most likely going to be a really entertaining album. As someone said earlier, I have seen projects with much less star power per say, make a lot more money. They seem to be marketing it in the right places so the response is kind of confusing. Hopefully, there are lots of last minute pledges.
    Last edited by Patelena396; 05-18-2015 at 10:10 PM.

To be honest, the name of this thread probably won't click with fans of the band, and not often do established (well, HtM is pretty established with this crowd) groups go the Kickstarter route. But that's IMO.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by insidious meme View Post
    To be honest, the name of this thread probably won't click with fans of the band, and not often do established (well, HtM is pretty established with this crowd) groups go the Kickstarter route. But that's IMO.
    Well even established bands like the Decemberists, which aren't huge like Genesis for example, but very popular, are using crowd sourcing for various aspects of their business. The Decemberists sell their concert tickets that way. That may in some cases mean that certain venues in cahoots with TicketBastard, may choose not to host them. The development of the recording thru crowd sourcing, but production and distribution thru established but independent labels maybe the norm in the future. Technology cost being lower is the enabler.

Quote Originally Posted by insidious meme View Post
    Maybe Frank should have posted in this thread then?

I hope this makes it - a very worthy project one would think. Can't wait to hear some music from such a talented group, glad to contribute!

When is the final date for the Campaign.

From the campaign page:

"This project will only be funded if at least $7,500 is pledged by Wed, May 27 2015 7:59 AM EDT"

As of now: $6,686

So, just under a grand to go. Still, it looks to be close.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

If I only I had money to spare - c'mon people!!!

I do find it hard to understand why this hasn't reached its goal yet unless we are just not getting the word out properly.

We will get there! I'm in Buddy!

B.t.w. whatever happened to Coco Rousel, Frank? Would have been great if he was on the album too.

$499.00 to go. Keep spreading the word!

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    B.t.w. whatever happened to Coco Rousel, Frank? Would have been great if he was on the album too.
    I love Coco's percussion...I very much enjoy the Kit and Coco CD "In Time." But when my house was broken into back in 1991, it was in my CD player that was stolen. For years I had the empty case to remind me of the theft. I have since re-purchased the CD twice. Once because I of course needed to replace it and once more because I forgot I had already replaced it 18 months previously.

I think we'll make it, if barely. I'll pledge again if need be...

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    I love Coco's percussion...I very much enjoy the Kit and Coco CD "In Time." But when my house was broken into back in 1991, it was in my CD player that was stolen. For years I had the empty case to remind me of the theft. I have since re-purchased the CD twice. Once because I of course needed to replace it and once more because I forgot I had already replaced it 18 months previously.
    No wonder it was Kit's best selling record!

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    I think we'll make it, if barely. I'll pledge again if need be...
    You can also raise your original pledge or change it into a more expensive one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    I do find it hard to understand why this hasn't reached its goal yet unless we are just not getting the word out properly.
    I think it needed to be sold as "Happy the Man reunion," plain and simple, 'cause that's just what it is... The names Zeitgeist or Pedal Giant Animals likely don't ring any bells for casual fans who may frequent the kickstarter universe. That being said, I still think it'll make it by Wed!

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    I think it needed to be sold as "Happy the Man reunion," plain and simple, 'cause that's just what it is... The names Zeitgeist or Pedal Giant Animals likely don't ring any bells for casual fans who may frequent the kickstarter universe. That being said, I still think it'll make it by Wed!
    Is there anyone who regularly goes to Kickstarter to check wether there is something he might be interested in? Especially in the case of music projects I do think it works the other way round in that you hear from your favourite artist / band or through FB / fora / websites of the existince of a certain Kickstarter project.