Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mats/Morgan Band

From what I've heard, they also met Lars Hollmer at a quite early stage and jammed with him.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Really interesting story! I especially liked how Frank let Mats "see" what his face looked like, as that's something I would have never thought of. Really cool.

Still spinning Thanks For Flying With Us in the car, and eagerly awaiting when the Live album gets here. I want to pace myself and not go through their catalog too quickly, but it's taking some real self-control.

Mats' choice of keyboard sounds and his playing style are very appealing to me, as a keyboard player myself. Love it.

This is exactly the kind of music I have been looking for -- I just didn't realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    eagerly awaiting when the Live album gets here.
    This is arguably one of the most impressive 'progressive rock' live albums I've ever heard, so you'll do well in anticipating it. Incredible playing allround here.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    This is arguably one of the most impressive 'progressive rock' live albums I've ever heard, so you'll do well in anticipating it. Incredible playing allround here.
    Sweet! That sounds promising.

Mats/Morgan Band Tokyo 2014 (snippets)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Mats/Morgan Band Tokyo 2014 (snippets)

I cant stop watching this one. It popped up a couple weeks ago and it's been on rotation a ton... waiting to see if they make this official as a release because it sounds amazing. Much like the Live 2014 release. Damn do I play that one a bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    I cant stop watching this one. It popped up a couple weeks ago and it's been on rotation a ton... waiting to see if they make this official as a release because it sounds amazing. Much like the Live 2014 release. Damn do I play that one a bunch!
    They have a 2014 Stockholm show available on Bandcamp
    http://morganagren.bandcamp.com/albu...band-live-2014

Quote Originally Posted by karel hupjé View Post
    They have a 2014 Stockholm show available on Bandcamp
    http://morganagren.bandcamp.com/albu...band-live-2014
    Indeed there is... I mentioned it in my post. lol I should have popped the link up like you did though.

Mats and Morgan TV debut in Umeĺ 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    Indeed there is... I mentioned it in my post. lol I should have popped the link up like you did though.
    Bought it a couple of years ago, it's a must have for MM fans...
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Greetings,

Wonderful band and great guys as well. In addition to the great Mats/Morgan catalog, Morgan is also offering this wonderful Mats Öberg & G​.​U​.​B​.​B album on his Bandcamp site:

https://morganagren.bandcamp.com/alb...g-g-u-b-b-1998

G.U.B.B. was (and maybe still is?) a youth big band and the compositions/performances are really great IMO.

Cheers and enjoy it all,

Alan