Thread: Saw Kansas last night - and rode the twister

Saw Kansas last night - and rode the twister

... with a real "show me" attitude - and came away extremely impressed! Not only did their setlist feature some deep cuts I hadn't heard in ages (though I own all of their albums, I'm still looking up titles - but one of them was "Closet Chronicles" - amazing) but the energy level and tightness put some of their more popular peers to shame. The new singer is swinging for the fences and beyond and was killing it last night. The new keyboard player was great and the whole band was playing with fire and attitude. Phil Ehart especially plays like he's still got something to prove - wonderful to watch. I did hear that the night before wasn't as tight, but that they had just had a two week break.

My point is: if you get a chance, see this new lineup. They're breathing fire again.

How was the Twister? Did you throw up?

Glad to hear they were on fire. Would love to see them again.

Maybe Alex Cruzeta, who was my most generous host and benefactor for this glorious evening, might wish to post a setlist?

Oh "Reason To Be" was played - beautiful!

Seriously, would like to see this new line up. Haven't seen Kansas since 2008.

Will see them if they come here. Unfortunately I think they needed this change..

Once I you see them I think you will see it was a fortunate change that was overdue.

Not only is the new singer a vocal beast and a half, but I cannot get over how great the keyboard player is.

What are they down to now, two original members, Rich and Phil? Still can't imagine Steve not in the band, but if they're gonna keep touring might as well get a blood transfusion. Any word on them recording some new music?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Just got an email that tickets were available (to members) for Kansas at the Tarrytown Music Hall. Woo-hoo! My favorite venue! Third row center. Glad to finally get some kickass seats to something. Of course there I usually do, but Kansas is kind of big.

By the way, here's the set list from the show I saw. You'll notice a few nice surprises:

People of the South Wind
    Point of Know Return
    What's on My Mind
    Play the Game Tonight
    The Wall
    Reason To Be
    Dust in the Wind
    Miracles Out of Nowhere
    Opus Insert
    Closet Chronicles
    Hold On
    Belexes