7:30pm MoeTar
    10:00pm Upwell

Sunday, August 9th, Columbia City Theater
    3:00pm Johnny Unicorn and His Jam Unit
    4:00pm Nosretep
    5:00pm Debora Petrina
    6:00pm Magick Pagoda
    7:30pm Hawkwind founder Nik Turner & Flame Tree

Unfortunately, I Know You Well Miss Clara has canceled. Maybe next year!

The schedule is subject to change.

Click on the bolded band name to go directly to the post about each band.

Tickets are available on our web site, $75 for the weekend, $40 for single day passes, and the Friday night show is free! You don't need a PayPal account - you can pay directly with a credit card. http://seaprogfest.org/welcome/store.html

If you have any questions about the festival, or you would like to arrange alternate payment methods for tickets, or get advice about lodging or transportation, drop me a line at j.b.reagan@comcast.net. I can help you with all arrangements for your trip to Seattle.

Cheers!

John Reagan (with Dennis Rea and Jon Davis)
    Seaprog organizing committee
    Last edited by dissonati drummer; 07-17-2015 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Updating schedule and additional bands

Open post....insert foot. mpoll's Avatar
    Having attended both the inaugural and last year's SeaProg events, it was a no-brainer to buy my Weekend Pass already. There's no better event I know of that allows attendees to get to know the bands on a personal level. Each year the lineup featured heavyweights (Thinking Plague, Miriodor), great local bands (Moraine, Midday Veil, Autumn Electric), and up-and-comers (miRthkon, The Mercury Tree, Corima). The organizers take special care in making this a diverse event; you're sure to hear something you like, as well as discover something you didn't expect to like. It's very laid back, but also very well-run. But most of all, it's a hell of a lotta fun.

If you're on the fence about attending, I would highly encourage you to give it a try. I'll buy you a beer if you attend and truly feel you didn't get your money's worth. Anyone who knows me, knows how damn cheap I am - I'm pretty sure if you attend, you'll want to buy me a beer for the recommendation.
    "Be Well... Prog On!"

"The Progressive Tracks Show" on KPTZ 91.9 FM / KPTZ.org - Sundays at 5:00 AM and Mondays at 9:00 PM (Pacific Times)
    also on Progzilla Radio / Progzilla.com in the UK - Saturdays at 6:30 PM and Mondays at 2:30 PM (Pacific Times)

Curious as to when the lineup will be announced. I am considering going and would like to make plans for taking off work and travel etc. I have not yet checked the website, as time does not allow, will do this weekend. Also curious about lodging, food, beer etc.....

I'll be there again.

Does that mean you'll buy me a beer Mike?

IF I go I get a beer as well! That's the rules And yes I will buy you a beer as well Mike if we meet one another.

I was lucky enough to be up there for my nephew's graduation from UW at the same time that SeaProg took place.

Very fun fest.

Corima, Miriodor and Being John McLaughlin killed it!
    And if there were a god, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell

SONOFABITCH...I'll be in Seattle on AUG 1st for my Nieces wedding but the Wife and I are not planning on staying THAT long due to $$$ & vacation constraints....a nice chance to see some cool Prog and see my good friend Baribrotzer again.

Bummer....as they say: timing everything....

I hope to announce a band or three this weekend. I have one contract in hand but wanted to start the announcements with a headliner. Stand by!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    SONOFABITCH...I'll be in Seattle on AUG 1st for my Nieces wedding but the Wife and I are not planning on staying THAT long due to $$$ & vacation constraints....a nice chance to see some cool Prog and see my good friend Baribrotzer again.

Bummer....as they say: timing everything....
    Harold -

If you give me a heads-up a week or so before, I could certainly come up and say hello. I visit the Seattle area fairly often to hike, and could schedule one of my trips to coincide with yours.

My girlfriend is from Seattle, and if I can swing a visit at that time of year, I will definitely check it out!

neil

Is it wrong to assume these guys might be playing this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    Harold -

If you give me a heads-up a week or so before, I could certainly come up and say hello. I visit the Seattle area fairly often to hike, and could schedule one of my trips to coincide with yours.
    AWESOME !..That would be great......I'll keep it in mind.

Gentleman Surfer is a band we really like, and they were on our short list this year. At this time, we haven't invited them. It could happen next year.

Clearly Beloved & Pink Octopus are on my short list of bands based in Seattle.

Looking forward to another great fest!

Okay, I didn't get the contract for a headliner yet, so what the heck, let's start the announcements with local Seattle band General Mojo's Key Project

GMKP.jpg

We don't have a specific time slot for GMKP yet - it will be an afternoon show on Saturday or Sunday.

"General Mojo's Key Project is a 5-piece genre-bending Psychedelic rock band from Seattle, WA. An amalgamation of distinct musical backgrounds, colors and grooves, GMKP strives for new depths in texture and rhythm.

We are:
    Dune Butler - Vox // Bass // Sub-Phatty
    Kate Copeland - Vox // Keys // Percussion
    David Salonen - Vox // Guitar // Fiddle
    Eric Vanderbilt-Mathews - Vox // Keys // Horns
    Sam Veatch - Drums // Percussion"

Check out Free Sound Paradox from their self-titled album.

http://generalmojos.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/GeneralMojoMusic
    https://generalmojomusic.bandcamp.com/

^^Wow, that's pretty cool! Off to a great start!!

neil

Next up, one of this year's headliners: MoeTar

moetar.jpg

Members:

Moorea Dickason — Vocals
    Tarik Ragab — Bass
    Matt Lebofsky — Keys
    Matthew Charles Heulitt — Guitar
    David M Flores — Drums
    Jonathan Herrera — Keyboards

MoeTar is a Bay Area band formed by singer Moorea Dickason and bassist/songwriter/lyricist Tarik Ragab, who are joined by a talented crew of musicians, including Matt Lebofsky, a Seaprog veteran who appeared with miRthkon in 2013. Like many of the best bands, their music defies easy categorization, but their progressive leanings are more than obvious.

Links:

MoeTar on Facebook
    MoeTar Official Site
    Magna Carta Records
    MoeTar on Twitter

Nice addition on MoeTar!

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Hmmm...might be a good excuse to visit prodigal son #1 "Mister Microsoft Engineer" (said in best proud Jewish parent's voice) again...or at least encourage his attendance!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    MoeTar are fantastic live, great signing. Well done.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Great pick! They are superb, live.

neil

Open post....insert foot. mpoll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    I'll be there again.

Does that mean you'll buy me a beer Mike?
    No, Joe. That means HONDO will buy me a beer (see his generous offer below) and I'll 'consider' passing it to you... remember, I'm cheap! Besides, I seem to remember you having a pretty good time last year...

Quote Originally Posted by HONDO View Post
    IF I go I get a beer as well! That's the rules And yes I will buy you a beer as well Mike if we meet one another.
    Great HONDO! I like your offer better than Joe's. Of course, he actually knows me which probably was factored into his offer!
    "Be Well... Prog On!"

"The Progressive Tracks Show" on KPTZ 91.9 FM / KPTZ.org - Sundays at 5:00 AM and Mondays at 9:00 PM (Pacific Times)
    also on Progzilla Radio / Progzilla.com in the UK - Saturdays at 6:30 PM and Mondays at 2:30 PM (Pacific Times)

^^^^ Sounds like fun Mike, I am still on the fence about this but probably will go if work and money allow! I sure do want to go out west, it will be great in the summer to get out of the Florida heat and enjoy some good music and meet new friends. If the stars are aligned I will be there...

Next up: Debora Petrina - we are still firming up the schedule, so we will let you know when we get the artists into their time slots.

petrina-debora.jpg

Members:

Debora Petrina — Keyboards, vocals
    others TBA

Debora Petrina is an Italian composer, singer, and instrumentalist with a widely varied career spanning the worlds of modern Classical music and art rock. Her 2009 debut album, In Doma, featured such guests as Elliott Sharp and Amy Kohn, and earned a spot on David Byrne's web radio. She has since worked with Byrne, Seattle phenom Jherek Bischoff, Carla Bozulich, Xiu Xiu, and others.

In 2010 she was invited by the University of Padova to present a program of pieces written for dance by Morton Feldman and John Cage.

Links:
    Debora Petrina on Twitter
    Debora Petrina on Facebook
    Debora Petrina Official Site
    Debora Petrina on Bandcamp