Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Radio Massacre International

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Love these guys
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    No sooner had I picked up e-live 2008 Extended Edition, they put out another biggie, completely solid states, which immediately went on the wish list. I'm still absorbing a load of other recent BC purchases.

Solid States is one of my favourite RMI albums, so I'll definitely be getting this. They've put out quite a few of these "Complete Sessions" releases now, all excellent in my book.

^ Surely you've randomly whistled one of those melodies at some point in your life?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    No sooner had I picked up e-live 2008 Extended Edition, they put out another biggie, completely solid states, which immediately went on the wish list. I'm still absorbing a load of other recent BC purchases.
    I've added Completely Solid States to my Bandcamp wishlist. Didn't know about E-Live 2008 though.

Heh heh, you know what ? I didn't remember the extended E-Live 2008 either and I'm in the band ! I'm putting this down to it being released days before I went into hospital for open heart surgery ! Thanks for your continued support and interest. The good news is there's a new Cuneiform release in the offing some time in 2023 `Galactic Furnace' and more Bandcamp releases including 12 CD's worth of sessions from the Organ Harvest era, and a 2019 session as yet unreleased. We're very excited about our return to Cuneiform in particular.

Oh and we have full audio and visuals from NEARFest in our hands. This will see the light of day, but not any time soon...lots of work involved !
    Last edited by Beebfader; 12-05-2022 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Needed to add something

Quote Originally Posted by Beebfader View Post
    The good news is there's a new Cuneiform release in the offing some time in 2023 `Galactic Furnace' and more Bandcamp releases including 12 CD's worth of sessions from the Organ Harvest era, and a 2019 session as yet unreleased. We're very excited about our return to Cuneiform in particular.

Oh and we have full audio and visuals from NEARFest in our hands. This will see the light of day, but not any time soon...lots of work involved !
    How about a box that one-ups the recent Muffins box in magnitude!

Funny you should say that Dave, I'm actually listening to the Muffins box right now ! If finances were unlimited perhaps...it's a thing of wonder that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    How about a box that one-ups the recent Muffins box in magnitude!
    i had a bunch of joking posts I was going to put in answer to this, but honestly, with a band as well documented as RMI, not only their physical releases (of which there are many) but especially including their BandCamp releases, is there really a point in a physical box set?

They've kind of already done for themselves what a box set should try to achieve (good, intense documentation) via their BandCamp page.

IMO.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

P.S.

I look forward to working with RMI once again too...
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    i had a bunch of joking posts I was going to put in answer to this, but honestly, with a band as well documented as RMI, not only their physical releases (of which there are many) but especially including their BandCamp releases, is there really a point in a physical box set?

They've kind of already done for themselves what a box set should try to achieve (good, intense documentation) via their BandCamp page.

IMO.
    My post itself was intended in a semi-jokey fashion, though I recall thinking when I bought the Rain Falls In Grey Redux set that it would have made a great box set.

I pretty much buy everything that shows up on bandcamp!

Heh heh, you know what ? I didn't remember the extended E-Live 2008 either and I'm in the band ! I'm putting this down to it being released days before I went into hospital for open heart surgery ! Thanks for your continued support and interest. The good news is there's a new Cuneiform release in the offing some time in 2023 `Galactic Furnace' and more Bandcamp releases including 12 CD's worth of sessions from the Organ Harvest era, and a 2019 session as yet unreleased. We're very excited about our return to Cuneiform in particular.

There go my savings

The good news is there's a new Cuneiform release in the offing some time in 2023 `Galactic Furnace'

Am I reading this correctly that Galactic Furnace is new material? Really excited to hear it.

And I’ve been hoping for the Nearfest show for years so also great news.

Thanks for the update.

Funny you should mention NEARfest, because as I've been working my way through Completely Solid States, I was wondering, "Gee, I wonder if they'll release the NEARfest set at some point". I guess you've answered the question.

Yes `Galactic Furnace' is brand new material recorded and completed recently by the three of us, it is very much of a piece and will once again stretch to a two CD set.

I totally take on board the desirability of physical formats especially one as sumptuous as The Muffins box, and in an ideal world and with limitless resources of time and money
    we would love to create boxed set versions of all the Bandcamp releases, but the advantage of Bandcamp is obvious; it allows us to publish material on a scale which just would not realistically be possible in a physical format/realistic timeframe.

It is for the very committed only of course, but in many ways is a dream come true for our way of making music (ie extended/prolific !) that we can now
    present large scale projects like `Completely Solid States' and the soon to be unleashed 12 disc download `Songs For A Rainy Day: The Organ Harvest Sessions'

Add to this the ridiculous rise in postage costs from the UK and it just makes sense to do it this way.
    We do at least strive to provide DIY artwork as well in order to try and maintain the feel of it being a piece of work rather than just another download.

But yeah...too much archive not enough `new' recently, so we look forward very much to getting another major newie out with Steve and getting back to looking forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post

IMO.
    Yeah, they've put out several "complete sessions" sets that sort of do what a boxset does. And in fact, I believe the band have put out not one but two actual physical boxsets: Lost In Space and Lost In Transit. But readnig some of the commentary on some of the releases on the Bandcamp page, I get the impression the band is interested in "green", environmentally friendly ways of distributing their music. With a lot of their bandcamp things, they include artwork, so if you were inclined to burn a CD, you could also print up full album cover artwork to go with.

so we look forward very much to getting another major newie out with Steve and getting back to looking forward.
    As all active musicians should!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Yes `Galactic Furnace' is brand new material recorded and completed recently by the three of us, it is very much of a piece and will once again stretch to a two CD set.
    This is great news.

And totally understandable about the CD vs Bandcamp issue - these days it seems like it would make no financial sense to try to release all the archival material in physical format - and yes you do a really good job with artwork, liner notes, etc.

Thanks for all the effort you put into it.

I don't own anything by them but I've seen them live and they are great.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Thanks Digital Man ! We have a sampler CD called `Start Here' on Bandcamp if you want to check it out :-)

https://radiomassacreinternational.b...bum/start-here

Special Seasonal Sampler Price for all newcomers !