Page 326 of 330 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330 LastLast
Results 8,126 to 8,150 of 8246

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    It was announced today that True Detective has been renewed for a 5th season.
    Nice.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I figured I'd add the Late Show With Craig Ferguson finale...
    Maybe don't look too closely at the thumbnail image.

Man I loved this show. Just silly, hilarious, nonsense. Not to mention the interviews were always interesting. Craig could get anyone to open up and talk about the dumbest shit Late night became unwatchable for me after his show ended.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Man I loved this show. Just silly, hilarious, nonsense. Not to mention the interviews were always interesting. Craig could get anyone to open up and talk about the dumbest shit Late night became unwatchable for me after his show ended.
    I got into it late in the game but I thought it was totally hilarious. Funny how he treated his female guests.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Late night became unwatchable for me after his show ended.
    CBS fucked up letting him go.

Did you ever see his interview with Sarah Shahi? OMG, she is so sexy in this interview. Plus, she might be a little tipsy and things get a little out of hand. But the most memorable thing about it is a joke that Geoff Peterson makes that is the funniest thing I think he's ever said.

“From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    CBS fucked up letting him go.

Did you ever see his interview with Sarah Shahi? OMG, she is so sexy in this interview. Plus, she might be a little tipsy and things get a little out of hand. But the most memorable thing about it is a joke that Geoff Peterson makes that is the funniest thing I think he's ever said.

I do remember this. Geoff Peterson (and the 2 person horse ) were hilarious as sidekicks. I watched the show religiously. His interviews with the ladies were always great. This one's a classic...

I do remember this. Geoff Peterson (and the 2 person horse ) were hilarious as sidekicks. I watched the show religiously. His interviews with the ladies were always great.
    IKR? I can't remember who but there was one actress who commented that he could always get her to say things she wouldn't normally say, with lots of innuendo.

I used to watch the show all the time, too, and have wasted hours watching clips on YouTube. One of my favorite bits was when he and Geoff were bickering a lot. There's another YT video where Craig keeps losing it, usually caused by some comment from Geoff. I also loved Beth the CBS Executive, Sid the Cussing Bunny, and the Cheeky Monkey.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Don't forget all the opening musical numbers...with puppets!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Ferguson is missed, for sure.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I did a quick search and found this response (Jan 13) from People Who Ask on the web. This was already supposed to happen but who knows?

Sony Pictures is looking to bring Craig Ferguson back to late-night TV as soon as Fall 2023. The production house is shopping a new half-hour format starring the former host of The Late Late Show. He'll unpack the week in TV with friends
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Just finished:

Murder At The End Of The World – FX /Hulu: I had high hopes for this one, but ultimately it was a bit of a letdown. This limited series started out intriguing in the first two episodes, but as it went along got bogged down with slow pacing and not always great acting and writing. In the end the story plays out like a typical whodunnit murder mystery. There were some things that happened that were implausible and some of the red herrings thrown at the viewer were a bit too obvious. One other thing that bugged me, was that similar to “True Detective Night Country” it is supposed to be sub zero harsh winter weather conditions yet characters are walking around outdoors without gloves on, hats and their coats unzipped. Overall, this was not a bad series, but I thought it could have been better. 3 out of 5 stars.

Here is the trailer for anyone interested:

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I did a quick search and found this response (Jan 13) from People Who Ask on the web. This was already supposed to happen but who knows?

Sony Pictures is looking to bring Craig Ferguson back to late-night TV as soon as Fall 2023. The production house is shopping a new half-hour format starring the former host of The Late Late Show. He'll unpack the week in TV with friends
    I heard some buzz as well that he may be working with Josh Robert Thompson again. I'd be all over that if true

Just finished The Last Of Us for the second time. A few episodes were pretty dull and some casting choices didn't work for me (most notably the actress from Yellow Jackets that led that group of raiders ) but overall I loved this show and can't wait to see what they do for season 2...whenever that may be.

Just finished The Last Of Us for the second time. A few episodes were pretty dull and some casting choices didn't work for me (most notably the actress from Yellow Jackets that led that group of raiders )
    I really like Melanie Lynskey, but I agree she was not the right choice for that role.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    We've been on a For All Mankind (Apple+) binge for the last week or so. What a ride! Very well done with some solid writing. Love how they re-write history while keeping certain aspects of American culture intact.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I really like Melanie Lynskey, but I agree she was not the right choice for that role.
    I thought she was great in Yellow Jackets, which I loved until the 2nd season where it took a giant shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    We've been on a For All Mankind (Apple+) binge for the last week or so. What a ride! Very well done with some solid writing. Love how they re-write history while keeping certain aspects of American culture intact.
    I always trust your judgement buddy, but I just can't subscribe to any more streaming services.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    I hear you bro! I feel like I get a good bang out of Apple+ though, with TV, unlimited access to Apple Music (largest library out there) and Apple Arcade.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

I went British yesterday, VERY British I can say, with viewing the complete series Mr. Bates vs. The Post Office. Based on a true story that isn't finished yet for the victims.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    I hear you bro! I feel like I get a good bang out of Apple+ though, with TV, unlimited access to Apple Music (largest library out there) and Apple Arcade.

Good to know.

Currently re-watching 11.22.63, based on the novel by Stephen King.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Currently re-watching 11.22.63, based on the novel by Stephen King.
    I liked it. I was disappointed to find out it was a limited series, though, because I felt like there was more of a story to be told.

Borrowed the first season of The Sandman from the library. I think it is a bit stoic in presentation, and a bit dry, but I read the series of comics it came from so I know about how the story goes. But I would imagine if you'd not read those, you be a bit lost.

Young Sheldon. I come and go with this show, mainly because I've grown weary of Sheldon. The rest of the characters are fine (other than Craig T Nelson's). But I'm mentioning this show because you learn in the latest episode how Sheldon came to start knocking on doors three times.

Resident Alien. I've been enjoying Season 3 more than S2, for some reason. Anyone still watching it? The reason I'm bringing it up is because the latest episode had a subplot involving Harry and another alien (The Blue Avian) that's pretty amusing. Funniest thing I've seen on the show for a while.

My wife and I discovered a British comedy 'Miranda' which we hadn't heard of, it's about 12-15 years old now. We have been crying with laughter. The main woman in it is absolutely hilarious in a self-deprecating way and it is firmly in the farce genre. She wrote it and stars in it, and it is a semi-autobiographical account of her life as a very tall, overweight woman who is unlucky in love and surrounded by more attractive friends and a hyper-critical mother. I don't laugh nearly enough in my life, and when she gets me going I almost worry I'm going to have some kind of attack. I also nearly choked on my food the other night watching her. It won't be to everyone's tastes, but as a lover of Britcoms and genuinely funny people, it's right up my alley. Watched it on BritBox, BTW.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Resident Alien. I've been enjoying Season 3 more than S2, for some reason. Anyone still watching it? The reason I'm bringing it up is because the latest episode had a subplot involving Harry and another alien (The Blue Avian) that's pretty amusing. Funniest thing I've seen on the show for a while.
    I think the pandemic kinds screwed up the previous season but they do seem to be back in their groove again. Amazing how the two kids grew up in the space of a few seasons.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Currently I'm re-watching the NBC mini-series Surface (2005/2006), a funny, scary, nice story about living things from the bottom of the ocean threatening the earth. Not too deep, just entertaining.
    The series broke off quite suddenly though....