Page 298 of 333 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,450 of 8309

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Love And Death - Just stumbled on this on Crave (on Cdn tv). It's a true story about small town Texas. I won't give away the plot but the story develops quickly and becomes quite tense. There is 7 episodes for 2023.
    I heard this was good. It's available on Max here.

Figured I'd start Manifest last week with the final season coming out. It seems to be universally well liked and Netflix brought it back by popular demand. Ripped through the 1st season and a few episodes of the 2nd. It's ok, has my interest, but nothing spectacular. I'd forgotten how tame network TV is though.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I finished episode 7. It was quite powerful. I should have said it a slow burn to tension versus quick.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post

Figured I'd start Manifest last week with the final season coming out. It seems to be universally well liked and Netflix brought it back by popular demand. Ripped through the 1st season and a few episodes of the 2nd. It's ok, has my interest, but nothing spectacular. I'd forgotten how tame network TV is though.
    We started this when it was originally on and your comment about network TV was what made us abandon it. It's like night and day. And the plotlines were just kinda silly at times.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    We started this when it was originally on and your comment about network TV was what made us abandon it. It's like night and day. And the plotlines were just kinda silly at times.
    Same here. I don't remember how far we got into it, but eventually dropped the show. I was hoping for another "Lost", but it never came close.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    While I enjoyed Love & Death, I liked Candy (Hulu 2022) more. I thought Jessica Biel was a more believable Candy Montgomery.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

We finished the final season of “The Last Kingdom” last night (we have not seen the movie yet though). Really enjoyed it. It is not “Game Of Thrones” level by any means, but the acting was good for the most part and the fighting scenes were amazingly choreographed. I really liked the ending, so not sure of the need for an additional movie, but I will hold judgement until I watch it. Anyway, if you like Historical Fiction I highly recommend this show. “Destiny Is All!..........”

Just finished "Barry"...I really liked the characters, but wasn't crazy about S4.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    We finished the final season of “The Last Kingdom” last night (we have not seen the movie yet though). Really enjoyed it. It is not “Game Of Thrones” level by any means, but the acting was good for the most part and the fighting scenes were amazingly choreographed. I really liked the ending, so not sure of the need for an additional movie, but I will hold judgement until I watch it. Anyway, if you like Historical Fiction I highly recommend this show. “Destiny Is All!..........”
    I am on season one, and enjoying it. Didn't know about the movie, so thanks!
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Quote Originally Posted by IncogNeato View Post
    Just finished "Barry"...I really liked the characters, but wasn't crazy about S4.
    Yes great characters but storyline got quite confusing in S4, at least to my aging receptors...
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    Yes great characters but storyline got quite confusing in S4, at least to my aging receptors...
    I find it difficult to follow shows when I keep falling asleep in some key scenes.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    The movie is called "7 Kings Must Die" and takes place after season 5. I am not sure what the story behind the movie is as I thought they wrapped up the series quite well at the end of season 5, but I guess we'll find out. We plan to watch the movie sometime this week.

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    Had the chance to watch the “7 Kings Must Die” movie last night. I liked it, but it felt like they tried to cram a whole season into 2 hours which didn’t always work. Pivotal sequences take place one after the other and time is condensed down considerably from the historical events. A few cast members from the show are missing as well. I am still not sure that there needed to be a film after season 5, but it does close the story of Uthread and wraps up the historical aspect of the show well. Bottom line, I liked it, but didn’t love it. If you make it all the way through Season 5 it is worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    it felt like they tried to cram a whole season into 2 hours
    So, the opposite of Yellowjackets.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    So, the opposite of Yellowjackets.
    Ha, truth!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I thought they closed it out well, with enough historically accurate elements. Loved the series overall.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds over at YT. It's okay, but I don't buy it as a prequel to TOS. It's too flashy by design, it's like they just took a few characters from TOS and name dropped them for the Trekkie community. Plus the audio on this series is murky among other problems. Tho I guess for free I should not complain.

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    Star Trek: Strange New Worlds over at YT. It's okay, but I don't buy it as a prequel to TOS. It's too flashy by design, it's like they just took a few characters from TOS and name dropped them for the Trekkie community. Plus the audio on this series is murky among other problems. Tho I guess for free I should not complain.
    I enjoyed SNW more than any other ST series.

As for the audio, I was curious to see what you were talking about and I did not notice anything problematic or unusual.

What surprised me is that the whole first season is free. It almost pisses me off since I subscribe to Paramount.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Any of you watching Silo on Apple? We really got sucked into it.

Finally started Barty recently. First episode of season 3 down. Season 2 finale was pretty epic.

Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post
    Any of you watching Silo on Apple? We really got sucked into it.
    Yes, I really enjoy it so far and bought the first book too (Wool). I haven't seen the latest episode due to bad weather, but it's been good. I believe they started working on the second season.

I've only seen the pilot episode -- is there more than that on YT? At any rate, it had me all teary-eyed: the first real Trek, I thought, since TNG.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

I've only seen the pilot episode -- is there more than that on YT? At any rate, it had me all teary-eyed: the first real Trek, I thought, since TNG.
    There's a couple dodgy episodes but it does feel like real Trek. I really like the young actor playing Spock, Ethan Peck. He, um, had a grandfather you might know of.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Yes, full first season, follow the link

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    There's a couple dodgy episodes but it does feel like real Trek. I really like the young actor playing Spock, Ethan Peck. He, um, had a grandfather you might know of.
    You're not mocking us are you?
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Only modern trek worth watching imho.