Page 234 of 330 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284 ... LastLast
Results 5,826 to 5,850 of 8247

Thread: Current fav US TV series

My wife and I are watching the entire "The Shield" series which we checked out from the library. Man, it's amazing that this show was on mainstream cable. Every type of depravity that you can imagine looks like it's part of the everyday life of this section of LA. Makes me want to cancel all future trips I might make to the LA area.

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    I watched Our Flag Means Death specifically because of Taika Waititi, whom I'd never heard of before seeing his film JoJo Rabbit, which I thought was unconventional and brilliant. This series strikes me similarly. The idiosyncratic cast is a bonus as well, including the actor who played Hodor in Game of Thrones. Not many TV offerings make me LOL. This does.
    I'd recommend Norsemen in that case, you may find it funny as well. Note another Game Of Thrones actor in Our Flag Means Death, Joel Fry (Frenchie). And the hilarious Ewan Bremner (Trainspotting, Snatch) as my favourite character, Buttons!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    My wife and I are watching the entire "The Shield" series which we checked out from the library. Man, it's amazing that this show was on mainstream cable. Every type of depravity that you can imagine looks like it's part of the everyday life of this section of LA. Makes me want to cancel all future trips I might make to the LA area.
    "The Shield" was an amazing show and in some ways ahead of it's time as there was nothing really like it when it first came out. The way it was filmed was unique and the fact that the line between "good" guys and "bad" guys is not only blurred, but it is downright non-existent. Another great thing about "The Shield" is that it is one of the few shows that nailed the ending. The final season (and final show) is as good as the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Almost finished Station Eleven, might start Yellowjackets soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Yellowjackets is a great show. It's hard to put a label on it as the mish-mash of genres - Real Housewives-esque in one scene, supernatural thriller in another, mystery throughout, coming of age 50% of the time, and madness keeping it all together.
    Agreed. We really enjoyed it. Anxiously awaiting Season 2

How is/was Station Eleven?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    How is/was Station Eleven?
    We've really been enjoying it. It's quite well done, and well acted. One episode left.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

*****SPOILERS WITHIN*****

Ozark, Season 4, Part 2 trailer.

*****SPOILERS WITHIN*****

Holy shit!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

^^^ Can't wait, Ozark is fantastic. I'm still in shock from the double murder that happened near the end of last season! (Or 'part 1' of season 4, as they call it.)

I suppose as we get closer to August, the hype will be building up for House Of The Dragon. I know I'm excited for it. I also look forward to the same people in the same places telling the world they don't watch it.

Oh, geez! Ozark is great! Can't wait for 4/29!

Keep forgetting about Ozark and the 4th season...gotta get to that...
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    There was a local morning DJ named Dave Pratt who would play this song regularly. In the morning.....on the radio. It came to a head when someone noticed and said, "Hey! Wait a minute!"

There were other basic cable shows around the same time equally as edgy. In terms of language, violence, and nudity. Let's not forget NYPD Blue was on primetime broadcast TV, and other shows tried outdoing each other in terms of pushing the envelope. The turning point for broadcast TV was the infamous Janet Jackson "wardrobe malfunction." The reason very few such shows remain on basic cable is original series on basic cable in general have fallen out of favor. Along with straight to syndication series like Baywatch, Highlander, Renegade, Gene Roddenberry's Earth: Final Conflict and Andromeda, just to name a few.
    Last edited by progmatist; 03-31-2022 at 04:09 PM.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

For those of you wondering why there were fewer episodes of Resident Alien this year, I ran across this a few days ago (and forgot to post it):

It has already been announced that Resident Alien will return with season 2 episode 9 in Summer 2022. This is because the season has actually been split into two parts. It will be made up of 16 episodes in total, with the first eight making up part one and the subsequent eight forming part two.

So, there are going to be eight more episodes. Yay.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Yay, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    For those of you wondering why there were fewer episodes of Resident Alien this year, I ran across this a few days ago (and forgot to post it):

It has already been announced that Resident Alien will return with season 2 episode 9 in Summer 2022. This is because the season has actually been split into two parts. It will be made up of 16 episodes in total, with the first eight making up part one and the subsequent eight forming part two.

So, there are going to be eight more episodes. Yay.
    I am currently one show behind, but so far I have been disappointed in season 2. It seems to have lost something for me, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is. I am not a huge fan of some of the side characters and some of the humor seems more forced this time around. I hope it picks up in the 2nd half of the season.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Being Better Call Saul is starting its final season next month, I decided I might as well finally watch the show. After getting through season 1, is it wrong that I like it more when the story is focused on Mike rather than Jimmy?
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Being Better Call Saul is starting its final season next month, I decided I might as well finally watch the show. After getting through season 1, is it wrong that I like it more when the story is focused on Mike rather than Jimmy?
    The show moves closer to the Breaking Bad universe as it goes along, and I think gets better each season. For me it is as good as BB.

Watched the season finale of "Raised By Wolves" this evening. Really dug the whole season and can't wait for it to come back. Science Fiction at it's best.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Watched the season finale of "Raised By Wolves" this evening. Really dug the whole season and can't wait for it to come back. Science Fiction at it's best.
    Love that show. Probably because it's so unlike a lot of other shows we've seen a million variations on.
    <sig out of order>

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    We're watching Bosch on Amazon Prime. Only two shows in but it's definitely interesting. It's about to rogue copy in L.A.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Bosch is great. Very faithful in tone to the books. Looks like there is an offshoot series in the making!

From. On Epix. I had seen the trailer and wasn't sure I wanted to watch it but, thanks to Dean Martin, I watched the first episode a couple nights ago. After four episodes, I am really digging this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Note another Game Of Thrones actor in Our Flag Means Death, Joel Fry (Frenchie). And the hilarious Ewan Bremner (Trainspotting, Snatch) as my favourite character, Buttons!
    Bremner is the only actor of the main cast whose name I recognized (primarily from Black Hawk Down and Death at a Funeral). But what a great supporting cast: Nat Faxon, Leslie Jones, Fred Armisen, Kristen Schaal, Nick Kroll, Kristen Johnston, and Will Arnett!

I just may have to check this out.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Bosch is great. Very faithful in tone to the books. Looks like there is an offshoot series in the making!
    Bosch: Legacy and it premieres on May 6.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Anyone check out Moonknight?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Anyone check out Moonknight?
    Not yet, but the initial reviews are quite good
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I watched Moon Knight. It was cool. I'm interested in where it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    The show moves closer to the Breaking Bad universe as it goes along, and I think gets better each season. For me it is as good as BB.
    Same. Great storytelling with deep characters in morally challenging situations. I could watch this all day long.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!