Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Rush R40 - US tour dates announced

I like VT, but "How it Is" isn't even close to being a favorite from that album.

Course, with the changing setlists, it's like a box of chocolates...
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

Losing It was sound checked so expect that to crop up eventually.

Seeing "Losing It" live would be so awesome.

Guest appearance by Ben Mink-even better.
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

As one who is quick to complain about all things Rush, I think this setlist is great. The only two songs out of the whole kabosh (including alternating songs) that I really don't care to hear are Animate and RTB.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    As one who is quick to complain about all things Rush, I think this setlist is great. The only two songs out of the whole kabosh (including alternating songs) that I really don't care to hear are Animate and RTB.
    Really?! I love both! I could do without Tom Sawyer, Spirit of Radio, etc but that's just me ...

Personally I like the setlist and its variations.

I've found over previous tours that I've previewed the setlist before going, thinking I'm not bothered about this particular song or that particular album, and actually on the night enjoying the whole thing.

I'm from the 2112-Moving Pictures generation, so it's great to see this era well catered for across all five albums, but over the last few years I've tended to enjoy the band's albums right across the board. I would just load them all onto my player, hit shuffle and find myself enjoying the deeper cuts that I might not otherwise have chosen from the shelf.

With so many albums to choose from, it's easy to see why fans fall into 'eras', depending on when they first heard the band. But for me, its a great body of work spanning the band's career.

And for those US fans whining about the choice of setlist - guys, get real! The rest of us around the world would be more than happy just to have the chance to see the band.

Agreed. I wouldn't worry about the variations and just enjoy the band for what looks like its last rodeo. The fact that they are moving songs in and out is a wonder in itself as they've usually had a very structured set list.

This!

Looks like they're going out with a bang (if, in fact, that's what's happening). Wish it worked out for me both-logistics wise (will not be in my home area during the two shows in NYC) and price-wise (really more than I'd want to pay, anyway) but I've seen them plenty in my life. Glad the fans are enjoying it, and somewhere out there, there are kids just getting into their music who are seeing Rush for the first time on this tour. Those are people who I'm really happy for because, in the not-too-far-away, all that the new fans will have is the albums and DVDs and the stories from the people who were there.

Nice to hear Neil mix it up a touch on the drums on Jacob's Ladder... a nice place to throw in different downbeats.

Quote Originally Posted by dgtlman View Post
    This!
    Sublime.

EDIT: I understand how with so much history to cover the Signals album only has time for one track, and naturally it'll be "Subdivisions" which is one of the few songs Rush has won a friggin award for songwriting. But it's a shame that so many other awesome songs off that album are passed over as a result.
    Last edited by Paulrus; 05-14-2015 at 01:34 PM.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by dgtlman View Post
    This!
    I like how Geddy says that he had been saying that they'd never played Jacob's Ladder live before (until he was corrected). It's on Exit Stage Left! Or did the heavy amount of overdubbing on that album consist of the entire Jacob's Ladder song?

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    I like how Geddy says that he had been saying that they'd never played Jacob's Ladder live before (until he was corrected). It's on Exit Stage Left! Or did the heavy amount of overdubbing on that album consist of the entire Jacob's Ladder song?
    They played it on the Permanent Waves tour (from which a few songs on ESL were recorded) and they played it on the MP warm-up tour.

Periscope link for St-Louis as of now.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/VzZ06jI0M...PgU7tnfH5gfA==
    Last edited by Brave73; 05-14-2015 at 08:52 PM.

The guy said he has a 27 hour battery pack for tonight... hope it holds true (so far, no lagging at all... and I don't mind the sideways taping at all either ).

I already have a crick in my neck.

...and it's finally rotated. Thank goodness.

But then...
    Last edited by oilersfan; 05-14-2015 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brave73 View Post
    Periscope link for St-Louis as of now.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/VzZ06jI0M...PgU7tnfH5gfA==

Be back this Saturday for another link (hopefully), LIVE from Austin TX.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    I don't know but i was there last night and it looked like a full house, loved it, f'king fantastic, i could run out of superlatives!
    It was great to see a pretty much completely different show after the fairly recent Clockwork Angels tour.

Funny thing, the wife and i were dining before the show and they played YYZ on the restaurant's piped in music so we had a chuckle, but i'll be damned if Rush neglected to play that song, oh well.
    During the show wifee turns to me and says "i hope they play Closer To The Heart" which i reply "I'd rather hear Lakeside Park" - so we're both happy.

I loved the presentation with the set deconstruction, very clever.

Geddy says "maybe we'll see you again", i sure hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by ItalProgRules View Post
    Seeing "Losing It" live would be so awesome.

Guest appearance by Ben Mink-even better.
    That's likely the only way it happens.

Looking great for an outdoor concert...

Awesome! Fasten your seat belts!