Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
It's funny that people like me who have always listened to vinyl, seem to have a kind of rejection of subs. But, younger people of today can't seem to do without them. Maybe it's because of the club scene or that a great deal of music such as rap/hip hop, seems to be made for systems with subs attached. Through all the pounding, how can one enjoy the music? I know it's not that simple but there certainly has been a change in what people listen to music for.
Well, thanks, but at 59 I guess I don't qualify. I can't speak for other subs, but with the Tetras, they aren't to add massive amounts of bass to the room (the 222s, despite their small size, manage to provide plenty); they just ute rally warm up and fill up the room...even at reasonable/low volumes.

They sounded as great listening to an ECM record like Ralph Towner's Solstice as they did Steven Wilson's remix of XTC's Nonsuvh as they did Trio Mediaeval's latest...and the bass pedals on Steve Hackett's Genesis Revisited 2 also sounded that much bigger. Just took the natural sound of the 222s and fleshed IT out that extra bit more.

But II think its a misconception that subs are just for creating massive bottom end. Used moe judiciously, they allow music at lower volumes to feel fatter, rounder, warmer...at least that's my experience as, living on a condo apartment (albeit with cement walls and floors so I can crank louder than in more modern apartments that aren't built that way), I can't exactly blast the shit outta them.