Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Prog Tattoos

I'm not really into tattoos, mostly because they tend to become less colorfull when aging, but I might like my logo (minus the text) as a tattoo, or on a T-shirt.

Speaking of tattoos not just for certain people. When I watched National Geographic Channel on the comet landing, there was one guy with 2 tattoed arms.

When I was 17 I worked at a bakery, and one of the much older colleages had a bluebottle tattoed on his penis.
    He claimed that it would spread its wings when...

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    When I was 17 I worked at a bakery, and one of the much older colleages had a bluebottle tattoed on his penis.
    ...And did it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Reminds me of the joke about the guy who had his girlfriend's name, "Wendy" tattooed on to his dick. If you haven't heard it; the (white) guy encounters a (black) guy pissing in the urinal next to his and notices the letters "W" and "Y" are tattooed on that guy's dick. He starts worrying that the guy is having an affair with his darling Wendy, naturally. Finally, he asks him what his tattoo says and the guy replies:

"Welcome to Jamaica, Have a Nice Day"

The most insane tattoo I've ever seen was over 50 years ago when I was in the Navy.

An old crusty "lifer" sailor on my ship had a complete Field & Stream scene on his chest of a lake and trees with a fisherman standing in the water casting his reel. The fishing line went down, and then curved around his hip and ended with a hook in his ass attached to a lure sticking out.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

CIMG0399.jpg

I've always loved the Larks Tongue cover, so I got it as my first tattoo.

^^^ Very nice! And I love the Gentle Giant one too!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I did once consider getting one of the Yeti guy with the scythe from the Amon Düül 2 cover. But then, I’m a total pain-wimp and don’t think I could endure it.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

If you really had any balls you'd have gone for a full on Olias motif

: )

olias-moorglade-mover-1-c1-80p1.jpgolias-qoquac-1.jpg

Kidding aside, really nice body art!

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    If you really had any balls you'd have gone for a full on Olias motif

: )

olias-moorglade-mover-1-c1-80p1.jpgolias-qoquac-1.jpg
    You kid, but the right artist could turn those into a beautiful Olias sleeve! Would have to be on someone else though, as I'm not going to go beyond my arms.

For fun, I did a Google Image search for "Olias tattoo" and mine was the fifth image! I don't remember ever posting that anywhere! Looks to be from when I first had it done...
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

You can call me a wuss but I'm sticking to Yesjerseys and jewelery!

yes.jpg

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    I like that!

Only tattoo I have (see my avatar). I get quite a few positive remarks from friends & people who see it at concerts. I'm happy with just the one.

Scott
    http://www.stillstream.com

^^ How many recognize it as the Nektar Bee Man?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    ^^ How many recognize it as the Nektar Bee Man?
    More than I expected, from the Older Prog concert attendees. But from my friends & family that know that Nektar is my all time favorite Prog/SpaceRock group, they all had positive remarks, especially with the detail involved. The avatar doesn't really show the actual detail, and the colors are more vivid seeing it in person.

Scott
    http://www.stillstream.com
    Last edited by srtd4; 12-14-2014 at 01:52 PM.

There is this one, a good look at the full expanded tattoo that Isabelle Feuillebois of Magma has, with the Magma logo embedded in it. She had only the Magma logo for a few years, and then added all the rest.

https://www.facebook.com/magmaphotos...type=1&theater
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Just found this old thread I never saw before. I have a bunch of tattoos. Mostly my favorite cartoon characters but I do have 3 music related though not prog.

Snoopy and Woodstock jamming on a Les Paul on my right leg
    Sammy Hagar "Sam I Am" Cat in the Hat on my left leg
    John 5 skull logo on my back
    Snoopy Tattoo.jpgHagar Tattoo.jpgJohn 5 Tattoo.jpg

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay G View Post
    Just found this old thread I never saw before. I have a bunch of tattoos. Mostly my favorite cartoon characters but I do have 3 music related though not prog.

Snoopy and Woodstock jamming on a Les Paul on my right leg
    Sammy Hagar "Sam I Am" Cat in the Hat on my left leg
    John 5 skull logo on my back
    Snoopy Tattoo.jpgHagar Tattoo.jpgJohn 5 Tattoo.jpg
    Wow, you must really like Sammy Hagar.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Wow, you must really like Sammy Hagar.
    Yes, been quite the fan since about 81. Have never missed a tour or record release since then.