Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Definitive KANSAS Documentary is done! Trailer here!

Definitive KANSAS Documentary is done! Trailer here!

You can pre-order now too and get a bonus DVD of outtakes.

http://www.miraclesoutofnowhere.com

I saw some of this a year ago at the 40th Anni show in Pittsburgh and it will be the most complete thing of it's kind EVER.

Wow, I'm on this one. Thanks for the heads up, Sean!

neil

Killer! Can't wait!

Yeah it's about time we had a documentary about this legendary band. Anyone know how long the film runs? Once it hits stores I'll be all over it.

Just pre-ordered. Thanks for letting us know about it; I had not heard of this DVD before.

Too bad I'll have to wait until March 15 to watch it but I'm sure it will be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I saw some of this a year ago at the 40th Anni show in Pittsburgh and it will be the most complete thing of it's kind EVER.
    How was that show, BTW? I wanted to drive out for it but just too much else going on. Did they film the show? If I recall Livgren and Hope were supposed to be there. Is that right? Morse too maybe?

Whoa, that's awesome! I hope there is footage of Steve doing a handstand on the keyboards! LOL!

However, one of my first thoughts after reading that it was just the original members was - isn't that kind of disrespectful to Billy Greer and David Ragsdale? Given, the those two weren't in the band in the heyday, but... hmm.

Just pre-ordered two copies.
    Last edited by Neptune; 11-18-2014 at 08:16 PM.

preordered the Bluray but I sure get tired of the +$10 premium added to Bluray discs… sigh.

For some reason I can't get the link to open, but I plan on ordering it.

Got it to open. Very cool.

I believe the doc just goes up through 1977 or so, I think it kinda ends at the peak of their fame.

Monotheistic Supernalist ProgPariah77's Avatar
    Autobuy for me.

Looks good. Kansas is always going to be one of those bands where people argue about whether they are prog or not though and I guess it doesn't matter really. If you want to call them classic rock fine. There is only one Kansas though. I hope to be able to get my hands on a copy. This looks good.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

One of my absolute favorite bands. I'll be pre-ordering this. Thanks for the early heads up.

I believe the doc just goes up through 1977 or so, I think it kinda ends at the peak of their fame.
    Then I'll probably pass. I was hoping for a nice long film about their entire career, sort of like the Rush documentary. I'll catch it on Youtube next year or whenever.

This one should be pretty cool so yep, automatic, pre-ordered. Thanks for the heads up.

P.S. Has their ever been a less rock star looking/hairier bunch of dudes than Kansas circa 75?

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    How was that show, BTW? I wanted to drive out for it but just too much else going on. Did they film the show? If I recall Livgren and Hope were supposed to be there. Is that right? Morse too maybe?

It’s was a really good show. Two sets, one with the symphony doing most of the more symph pieces like Song For America. Kerry played the solo on Hold On with a thumb pick, his first public performance since his stroke. He did fine. Dave sat in on The Wall and Kerry played keys, that is about the only time they were all on stage. I think they everyone played on Carry On at the end too. They played just about everything they knew between those two sets. Magnum Opus was a highlight for sure. It was a great way to celebrate 40 years and to wrap up an era (the Steve Walsh one) though at the time we didn’t know how close he was to retiring. Glad I went. It was a long drive but worth it to cap off so many years of fandom. Nice to see my fellow “Wheatheads” too…. Morse was not there. He was at the one a few years prior and is on the DVD they did- Know Place Like Home. They did not film the 40th Anni show.

I'm all over this. Thanks for the heads up!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I was able to get the link to work and pre-ordered. I have always wished some of the Kansas guys would write a book. I did read Livgren's a long time ago and enjoyed it, but there is so much more to the story. I would think Walsh or any of the current guys stories could be very interesting.

John Boegehold
    Ordered instantly. One of my favorite bands ever and a huge influence.

It’s was a really good show. Two sets, one with the symphony doing most of the more symph pieces like Song For America. Kerry played the solo on Hold On with a thumb pick, his first public performance since his stroke. He did fine. Dave sat in on The Wall and Kerry played keys, that is about the only time they were all on stage. I think they everyone played on Carry On at the end too. They played just about everything they knew between those two sets. Magnum Opus was a highlight for sure. It was a great way to celebrate 40 years and to wrap up an era (the Steve Walsh one) though at the time we didn’t know how close he was to retiring. Glad I went. It was a long drive but worth it to cap off so many years of fandom. Nice to see my fellow “Wheatheads” too…. Morse was not there. He was at the one a few years prior and is on the DVD they did- Know Place Like Home. They did not film the 40th Anni show.
    Thanks. Sounds like an amazing set--I checked it on the setlist website. Who knows when the last time they played all of Magnum Opus so yeah that definitely must have been a highlight. Had I known about Steve's imminent departure I would have made going to this a much higher priority. Live and learn.

Given that the band is still going, maybe they'll do another big show, for their 45th... with Steve and Robby "guesting". One can hope.

chalkpie
    Not a big Kansas fan, but would love to see this

Just preordered the Bluray deluxe set. I thought I'd splurge a little...

Yves, I thought you were joking when you said you were "all over it." I kinda thought you were being sarcastic.....

I thought you didn't like Kansas.

Kansas is a band I've enjoyed since the 70s. Leftoverture, Point of Know Return, 2 For The Show, were in semi-regular rotation in my circle of friends in the early 80s.I later discovered their earlier material. I have always been a fan of southern rock and Kansas would seemlessly meld southern rock sounds with some solid prog.