Thread: Saw Roger Hodgson Last Night

Saw Roger Hodgson Last Night

Superb show. Superb band. Good set list. Excellent sound. I can die and go to heaven now, he did Fools Overture.

I've seen him three times, and every show has been absolutely stellar. He brings so much joy and energy to his performance, and he just seems relaxed and happy to be playing all those great songs. Can't remember seeing an artist smile so much onstage. He hasn't lost anything off his voice or his instrumental abilities, and his band is top-notch, especially Aaron MacDonald, his multi-instrumentalist and backing vocalist.

You get the best of Supertramp and Roger's solo works ... and with Rick Davies seemingly retired, this is pretty much the only way to hear any 'Tramp live these days.

His performance of "Fool's Overture" is phenomenal.

I highly recommend his shows to anyone who likes Supertramp, or just wants to enjoy a very enjoyable night out with some great music.

Quote Originally Posted by Mt. Pleasant Farm View Post
    Superb show. Superb band. Good set list. Excellent sound. I can die and go to heaven now, he did Fools Overture.
    Agree 100%! Saw him and his band live last year. Fool's Overture was the highlight.

Ed
    ------------------------
    www.myriadtrio.com
    www.facebook.com/MyriadtrioNY

Never had the chance to see him in my area. Wish he would come around.

What did you pay to see him? Where I live they charge the equivalent of USD 155 for a decent seat, which I think is ridiculously high. I would like to see him, but not for such a price (even if I could afford it).

Quote Originally Posted by ombasan View Post
    What did you pay to see him? Where I live they charge the equivalent of USD 155 for a decent seat, which I think is ridiculously high. I would like to see him, but not for such a price (even if I could afford it).
    In Ridgefield, Conn the other night it was $150 for the first few rows of the orchestra (including an open bar cocktail party prior to the show), and $125 for every other seat in the house. Expensive, no doubt, but the production was so damn good I'd say it was worth it.

Thanks for this. Expensive also in other countries...

$65 two years ago in Pennsylvania for a first row seat AND I got to meet him after the show!

A while ago (maybe 2 years ago) I saw him in PA too -- it was not as high as $100 for sure. It was a great performance. His voice was in good form. A few tunes were from his 80s solo record "In The Eye Of The Storm" which I hadn't listened to since the 80s. Good times.