Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camel & Marillion tp play Ramblin' Man Fair Festival

Camel & Marillion tp play Ramblin' Man Fair Festival

Gregg Allman and Scorpions will play UK festival exclusive sets at the first-ever Ramblin’ Man Fair next year, created by The Rock Collective and sponsored by TeamRock.

They’ll be joined by fellow headliners Camel and Marillion – both UK exclusives – at Mote Park, Maidstone, Kent on July 25-26, with many more acts to be announced.

The aim of the festival is to satisfy the Ramblin’ Man and Woman in us all by offering “great music, fine beer, great food and the best of times.” The Classic Rock and Prog Stages will be accompanied with Country and Blues platforms, gourmet food, beer festival, spoken-word stage and music cinema plus luxury accommodation and camping.

"We are very happy to be headlining Ramblin’ Man Fair", say The Scorpions. "It’s an exciting new festival and our only UK show in 2015. We love playing the UK and can’t wait to deliver a set of Scorpions classics. See you down the front!“ Gregg Allman says, "I'm really looking forward to getting back to the UK with my band", says Allman. "I’ve always loved my British fans. Love playing for them. It’s going to be a lot of fun.”

Festival Tickets go on sale at 10am today (Monday, November 3). every purchase comes complete with six months’ free membership of TeamRock+ which offers access to complete current issues of Prog, Classic Rock and Metal Hammer, along with 30 years’ of archive material.

Early Bird general admissions costs £99 (plus £9.99 booking fee) while Early Bird VIP access is £180 (plus £15 booking fee). Membership of the Ramblin’ Man Fair Founders Club is also available, including two years of VIP tickets plus additional exclusive online content, merchandise and more.

Find out more at the Ramblin’ Man Fair website or Facebook page.

Yes!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful news!!!!!

Looks like this is the new 'High Voltage Festival' with seperate Classic Rock & Prog stages. There's not enough to make me 'pull the trigger' just yet but will certainly be keeping a eye on who's added to the line-up!

Good news about Camel's appearance. Hopefully they might do another tour with new material, hope springs eternal. Went on their website to see if there was any news but surprise surprise sweet Fanny Adams. No changes there then... Get's my vote for worst informative website.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Good news about Camel's appearance. Hopefully they might do another tour with new material, hope springs eternal. Went on their website to see if there was any news but surprise surprise sweet Fanny Adams. No changes there then... Get's my vote for worst informative website.
    I expect them to update the site in about a month to say the site will be down for another month or two due to the holidays.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Very unprofessional. In order to contact them, the customer can't view those stupids numbers to copy to ask a question....Pathetic!!!!!

I think I can safely put my money on the bet that Camel will be appearing next year at Lorelei - Night Of The Prog considering it is a week before the Ramblin festival. Andy isn't putting his band together for just one show.

That's a pretty bizarre billing. Camel and Marillion along side Greg Allman and The Scorpions. Though it does sound like the kind of thing Bill Graham might have put together back in the day...
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    Very unprofessional. In order to contact them, the customer can't view those stupids numbers to copy to ask a question....Pathetic!!!!!
    I know. I mean what's the point in filling in all the fields to get stymied at the last bit. Very amateurish and to be honest needs to come down if they can't get the basics right. I'm not a great believer in websites/Twitter accounts etc if they are not kept reasonably up to date. It's more frustrating than having no website at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    I think I can safely put my money on the bet that Camel will be appearing next year at Lorelei - Night Of The Prog considering it is a week before the Ramblin festival. Andy isn't putting his band together for just one show.
    This is what I also hope for. Camel as headliners at Lorelei would be really great

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    That's a pretty bizarre billing. Camel and Marillion along side Greg Allman and The Scorpions. Though it does sound like the kind of thing Bill Graham might have put together back in the day...
    Camel and Marillion will headline the Prog Magazine stage which will have exclusive prog billing, whilst the Scorpions and Greg Allman will headline the Classic Rock Magazine stage.

Another one hoping there's more Camel dates coming. A tad expensive for me, and no single day tickets seem to be available either! This is a bit unusual isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Squigelyfox View Post
    Another one hoping there's more Camel dates coming. A tad expensive for me, and no single day tickets seem to be available either! This is a bit unusual isn't it?
    Not at all, very standard operating procedure for a lot of festivals to first sell only full weekend tickets and then later on open sales for single days.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    Not at all, very standard operating procedure for a lot of festivals to first sell only full weekend tickets and then later on open sales for single days.
    Seems unfair I think. Some people may think they can't buy a 1 day ticket, and not bother checking later. So it's a risk to the sellers.

The Coachella Festival puts tickets on sale long before they even announce who is playing and it sells out within hours no matter who the headliners/support acts are later found out to be. There's a new festival in Las Vegas being done by the Rock in Rio people that is putting tickets on sale before all the acts are announced.
    ...or you could love

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Bender View Post
    The Coachella Festival puts tickets on sale long before they even announce who is playing and it sells out within hours no matter who the headliners/support acts are later found out to be. There's a new festival in Las Vegas being done by the Rock in Rio people that is putting tickets on sale before all the acts are announced.
    Glastonbury can do that too, but not all can.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prog Magazine View Post
    Camel and Marillion will headline the Prog Magazine stage which will have exclusive prog billing, whilst the Scorpions and Greg Allman will headline the Classic Rock Magazine stage.
    I smell a big guitar jam coming. Allman, Latimer, Rothery, whoever the hell is in Scorpions.

Stupid IOS 7 just changed Allman to All man.

Ian Anderson, Pendragon, Pineapple Thief, Riverside & The Messenger are latest additions!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Dang!

Since we last visited this thread, more additions including- Haken, Unto Us & Anethema to the prog stage; Saxon, Blue Oyster Cult, FM ( from the looks of the logo it's prolly the European hard rock act as opposed to the Canadian proggers) & Dream Theater to the main stage and several other bands to the outlaw county stage.
    http://www.ramblinmanfair.com/#!home
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Incredible lineup. If I lived in England I would be there in a minute. It would be a very difficult choice between the different stages. All 3 of them have acts I would want to see.

Maybe this trip across the pond could be my retirement gift yo myself .

Every day it seems more and more bands are added, this'll be a hell of a fest. New Blues Stage with Randy Bachman, Mick Ralphs Bands now among others. More prog too- Alcest, Anna Phoebe.
    http://www.ramblinmanfair.com/#!home

Quote Originally Posted by Squigelyfox View Post
    Glastonbury can do that too, but not all can.
    Wacken Open Air do the same, tickets went on sale late last year and sold out in 15 minutes and they still haven't announced a single band yet.

As for the Ramblin' Man Fair, we've booked our tickets as there are enough bands already announced to make it more than worthwhile for us. Anathema, Pendragon, Riverside, Marillion, and Joanne Shaw Taylor, for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Yes it does! It makes a person stop and think that there is still hope. I'm enjoying the moment of the idea itself.