Thread: Barcelona Record Stores

Barcelona Record Stores

I copied this from Montreal Record Stores thread.

I will be heading to Barcelona a few weeks and would like recommendations for record stores in the city. I am primarily interested in new and used vinyl.
    Also music bars etc..
    Thanks!

Think it will be of interest.

http://www.wah-wahsupersonic.com
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post

That would be a must visit.

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post

I thought they were closed...
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

A bit of nostalgia here: There used to be a record store in Barcelona called "Pan y musica" (Bread and Music, that's all you need, right?) Prog only! Yes, a prog only record store. Unfortunately they folded some years ago: RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy v3.0
    A bit of nostalgia here: There used to be a record store in Barcelona called "Pan y musica" (Bread and Music, that's all you need, right?) Prog only! Yes, a prog only record store. Unfortunately they folded some years ago: RIP.
    They also had a label and a mailorder as far as I recall. Last year in Barcelona I was just randomly walking down the street and suddenly saw their logo on the wall of a house (pretty sure it was in the Gracia district, near one of those Gaudi's buildings that is now a private property and can be only seen from outside). It turned out that's the place where their store used to be, on one of the quiet side-streets, and the sign was still there!

I have bought a few LPs in Wah Wah, definitely a good store for obscure vinyls, although generally not cheap, and the way they seal all records that are on display there is a bit odd. You have to approach the woman on the counter and have her cut the plastic in order to check the condition of the LP.

Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    That would be a must visit.
    Check their stock available in an Excel file before heading there.

http://www.wah-wahsupersonic.com/html/shop.html

The store is very small which makes browsing the items a pain, so you'd better learn what to look for beforehand.
    Last edited by Jay.Dee; 09-19-2014 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Levgan View Post
    They also had a label and a mailorder as far as I recall. Last year in Barcelona I was just randomly walking down the street and suddenly saw their logo on the wall of a house (pretty sure it was in the Gracia district, near one of those Gaudi's buildings that is now a private property and can be only seen from outside). It turned out that's the place where their store used to be, on one of the quiet side-streets, and the sign was still there!
    Yeah, the logo sign still remains and I always look at it while going out for... fresh bread. However, there are some new tiny record joints that have recently popped up in the district, along Ramon y Cajal street, with a mixture of LPs, CDs and books, so anyone heading for Disco 100 can drop in to check if there is any unexpected bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay.Dee View Post
    Yeah, the logo sign still remains and I always look at it while going out for... fresh bread. However, there are some new tiny record joints that have recently popped up in the district, along Ramon y Cajal street, with a mixture of LPs, CDs and books, so anyone heading for Disco 100 can drop in to check if there is any unexpected bargain.
    I feel a need for a return to Barcelona sometime this winter (too hot and crowded for me in the summer)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.