Unless the search engine on this site is failing me, I can't find any discussion about the previously unreleased quadraphonic mix of Gentle Giant's "Free Hand" that came out as part of the two-disc Deluxe Edition in 2011. There are two things worth mentioning about this release:

1. The channel positions are all screwed up. If one has the right software to extract the individual audio channels from the DVD and reburn them as either a DTS CD or DVD-Audio disc, make the following corrections:

Move the front left to front right
Move the front right to rear right
Move the rear right to front left
Leave rear left alone

Alternatively, one could swap the audio cables of their home theater system.

Do this and the weird diagonally panned voices and instruments become logically placed, and the whole thing sounds great.

2. Related to #1. If one corrects the quad mix of "Free Hand" as described above, and then makes a fold down stereo mix from this (Left Front combines with Left Rear, Right Front combines with Right Rear), the result is the mix heard on the second One Way CD issue - EXACTLY! One Way did not use "an alternate rough mix version of the album" (per Wikipedia and elsewhere). I'm certain that they used a stereo fold down of the unreleased quad mix. How this happened I couldn't tell you.

J. D.