I went looking for some recent Steven Wilson interviews and found the following Australian and Italian items from last November.

As always SW is a friendly and informative interviewee and, even though I'm a long-time SW/PT fan, I learned a bit more about the man and his motivation.

My interest in tracking these down was driven by my hope that SW will revisit PT (my absolute all-time favourite band) at some stage - I'm still looking for signs from him that the band's not dead!
Both interviews touch on the PT topic and the Italian one provides some more background about SW's decision to concentrate on his solo work. I haven't given up on the possibility of a PT revival - SW does seem to really enjoy collaborative projects and I imagine that working with the other three PT guys does afford him some measure of artistic satisfaction. Perhaps PT will reconvene on an intermittent schedule like No-Man.

Noise11 (Australia)

Lost Highways (Italy - btw, the sound on this one is quite echoey and I think soundcheck was going on at the time)