Thread: Steven Wilson VS Greta Van Fleet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Here's the thing: we can, as a community, engage in a lengthy and reasoned debate about Steven Wilson's opinion of GVF and we'll be missing on crucial element. Steven Wilson.

We can exchange opinions, we can clarify our points, we can changed our minds, we can apologize for taking too negative a stance and modify our approach, we can offer evidence, we can come back later when we remember something we meant to bring up. And the opinion being discussed is static, with no means of defense or explanation. What's the point, other than an opportunity to shit on someone?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmanzi View Post
    Here's the thing: we can, as a community, engage in a lengthy and reasoned debate about Steven Wilson's opinion of GVF and we'll be missing on crucial element. Steven Wilson.

We can exchange opinions, we can clarify our points, we can changed our minds, we can apologize for taking too negative a stance and modify our approach, we can offer evidence, we can come back later when we remember something we meant to bring up. And the opinion being discussed is static, with no means of defense or explanation. What's the point, other than an opportunity to shit on someone?
    I thought that WAS the point? Either to step in an agree with SW that GVF is shit, or to call SW shit for having his opinion? What other possible conversation was going to play out in this scenario?
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    I thought that WAS the point? Either to step in an agree with SW that GVF is shit, or to call SW shit for having his opinion? What other possible conversation was going to play out in this scenario?
    Exactly.