Thread: Lindsey Buckingham leaves Fleetwood Mac

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    When Lindsay first left the band in 88, I believe ont hat occasion they also got two guitarists to replace him. Id on't know why I know this, but it was Rick Vito and Billy Burnette. Vito was a studio guitarist who played on a lot of people's records (that's him playing that great slide solo on Bob Seger's Like A Rock) and Burnette was a vocalist/guitarist whose father and uncle recorded the original version of Train Kept A'Rollin'.
    Billy is also the cousin of Rocky Burnette, he of that big 1980 hit “Tired of toein the line”.

Turns out it was actually Billy who broke this news that Buckingham was let go when he posted an April 4th tweet that has since been deleted, saying: "Breaking news: Lindsey Buckingham is out but I'm not in. “

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    Billy is also the cousin of Rocky Burnette, he of that big 1980 hit “Tired of toein the line”.
    I forgot about Rocky. I remember MTV used to play Tired Of Toein' The Line on Closet Classics, towards the end of it's existence. Goofy video, with models dressed in lycra jumpsuits pretending to play instruments they obviously didn't actually play (this was how many years before Addicted To Love), and Rocky himself dressed as a fireman who gets hosed, literally.