Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
Can't handle a different opinion huh.
Are you referring to yourself here? If you actually read my posts, where I allow for the obvious truth that some people like these remixes, I figure you cannot possibly be referring to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post

All I know is the 5.1 remixes sound great. I posted other opinions about the SACD stereo remixes and Tony Cousins' work. I'm sort of sick of the hatred which get levied in words against the remixes in general. Many people have commented that the Gabriel years stereo remixes were much better than the Collins's years.
Yes, some have said the Gabriel-era wasn't as bad. I can't really agree. And again, take Tony Cousins off the table because anybody who is "blaming" what he did (or was asked to do?) at the final stage is passing the buck and frankly, delusional. If you really don't get this, then listen to the remixes on vinyl, which he didn't master and have that 3db additional dynamic range. You either like the stereo remixes or don't. Hearing them without that small amount of mastering compression is unlikely to change that.