Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grateful Dead - Spring 1990 (The Other One) - New 23-disk box set

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Grateful Dead - Spring 1990 (The Other One) - New 23-disk box set

Call me crazy, but I just pre-ordered this bitch. Can't pass up one of these beautiful boxes. This one just went up for preorder yesterday, and I'm sure the numbered, limited edition of 9000 will sell out pretty soon, even at the hefty price of $239.98.

http://www.dead.net/store/1990s/spri...071014/banner1

If I bought this, I might not live long enough to listen to all of it.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Dammit. Of course it's a limited edition. And I have to save money for the rest of the summer. Oy!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Call me crazy, but I just pre-ordered this bitch. Can't pass up one of these beautiful boxes. This one just went up for preorder yesterday, and I'm sure the numbered, limited edition of 9000 will sell out pretty soon, even at the hefty price of $239.98.

http://www.dead.net/store/1990s/spri...071014/banner1

If you're crazy then I'm crazier. Got the email yesterday, didn't even give it a second thought, want to the site and ordered. When I got into my discovering the dead thing last year I found a new copy of the first spring 1990 box, and if this is as good, then it' same must-have...along with the entire '72 euro tour. Which I also have.

Between the dead, Garcia and Allman's (buying beacon 2009 on layaway, will pay it off in time to buy the 2014 tour) , I am definitely spending more money than I ever have before on music.

....and loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by jkelman View Post
    If you're crazy then I'm crazier. Got the email yesterday, didn't even give it a second thought, want to the site and ordered. When I got into my discovering the dead thing last year I found a new copy of the first spring 1990 box, and if this is as good, then it' same must-have...along with the entire '72 euro tour. Which I also have.

Between the dead, Garcia and Allman's (buying beacon 2009 on layaway, will pay it off in time to buy the 2014 tour) , I am definitely spending more money than I ever have before on music.

....and loving it!
    Yeah, I KNEW you'd already ordered it!

Ordered.

I'm still 2 Dave's Picks behind in listening. Better get a move on since the 3rd Volume of '14 will be shipped in about 3 weeks.

Ordered!

what will this be worth in 20 years in 'new and sealed" condition?

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    Whatever someone's willing to pay for it, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    Nothing, because it will have been superseded by 2034's mega release, which will be a 500 petabyte cranial implant of the Dead's complete touring history in virtual surround sound and holographic video. Which will cost $29.95.

It's a shame Bruce Hornsby did not stick around, they did some interesting versions with him.

Got the email today saying this has shipped!

Oh man - not scheduled to arrive until Friday!

Mine is scheduled to arrive Friday as well.

Mine is scheduled for tomorrow....gonna be a great listening weekend!

They're now selling downloads of this set, for anyone whose priorities are so f 'd up that they didn't order the box.

I got the box last week - which surprised me. Small problem: First CD does not play on any device, but i called, and they are sending a new one promptly.

The box is, as expected, beautifui. The book, terrific. The music, exquisite!

^^ Wow, better check that first disk right away!

Received #180 today! Hurray! Time to climb into bed and listen to as much of 3/14/90 as I can stay awake for. Second week of school for the kids and of a new job for me, so it's been a long week.

The copy of of the last Dave's Picks I received was #94. I've finally joined the low number club, not that it matters.

Some who aren't getting this set might be interested to see this unboxing video - unfortunately, it doesn't show two pretty cool elements of the package. I guess although it says spoiler alert, they were trying to leave a couple of surprises.

It's a funny thing - the unboxing video. There are a lot out there. I wonder if there are some for really bad boxed sets none of us would want? This one's not really very good, but it's all there was.

Quote Originally Posted by jkelman View Post
    I got the box last week - which surprised me. Small problem: First CD does not play on any device, but i called, and they are sending a new one promptly.

The box is, as expected, beautifui. The book, terrific. The music, exquisite!
    The first CD worked for me. Phew! And a good one it is! The whole set is really nice - I'm enjoying all the little extras.

The first CD worked for me. Phew! And a good one it is! The whole set is really nice - I'm enjoying all the little extras.
    Well, I'm sure the replacement will be fine, but there is still plenty for me to enjoy..and enjoy I am! Actually love their version of "Shakedown Street" on the second show opener. Originally a little too disco on the record, and Donna G's voice often bugged the shit outta me, with the. 90s lineup it's some serious funk fun.

Also two versions of 'Wharf Rat' I've heard (personal fave, had to skip to check out) are amongst my favorite.

Meanwhile, also on the way to me is the Allmans' complete Beacon Theater box from 2009.Was convinced after buying 2011 and entire 2013 run and told 2009 is the one to have. 15 shows, hope to have this week. What a month!!

All cd's, so far, are fine.....stilll have the last two shows to upload.

GREAT STUFF!!!!!

The copy of of the last Dave's Picks I received was #94. I've finally joined the low number club, not that it matters.
    I remain in the right-about-in-the-middle club; I got #4075. But what could be cooler than the way the box is numbered?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    I remain in the right-about-in-the-middle club; I got #4075. But what could be cooler than the way the box is numbered?
    Yeah. That was pretty cool to find under the little cardboard cutout.