Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Would Kiss Have Made It Without The Makeup

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Those two don't really help your argument, Gruno - they all look pretty stupid.
    Your opinion of what looks stupid isnt Gruno's point -- What is the point are two other artists besides KISS that promote their packaging in interviews so, yes, those two examples absolutely support Gruno's argument

Kiss made a string of albums that define perfection...there is not a bad track to be found on any of their releases through Creatures of the Night, and a lot of gems even on albums after that. The makeup got them noticed and they deserved it. The music was brilliant and the hooks were endless. How any male rock fan could not like Kiss is just beyond me...they set the bar...sure they are a soap opera joke now, but a good majority of other once great bands are also. Monster was a surprisingly good rekkid by the way.

More importantly, would your first date with your wife have happened without make up?

If the answer is no, you've likely got some problems at this stage!

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

^

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Really?

…and there are a lot more.
    OK, fine, you got me on that one. And I'll add Gwar, who typically do interviews in costume and in character (look for the videos on Youtube of them on the Joan Rivers Show and Jerry Springer, they're both hilarious, particularly when they're trying to convince Joan they use real blood onstage), though I've seen at least one where they weren't.

I just think Gene and Paul look like they didn't get the memo that this isn't 1977 anymore. Or maybe they didn't get the memo that was an actual blue police call box they stepped into, not a TARDIS. I would have thought the fact that it wasn't bigger on the inside would have been the giveaway, but who knows? (shrug)

Quote Originally Posted by Kreator View Post
    Kiss made a string of albums that define perfection....
    Woof.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Woof.
    It appears you do not agree with his opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    nI just think Gene and Paul look like they didn't get the memo that this isn't 1977 anymore. Or maybe they didn't get the memo that was an actual blue police call box they stepped into, not a TARDIS.
    I dont agree with you but this was very humorous ^^ thanks for that

Afaik Gene and Paul don't do interviews in makeup all the time anymore, just band related stuff where it's kind of a wink wink nudge nudge nod to the old days. It seems to be kind of knowingly ironic which is cool.

I'm still cracking up at Brian Griffin..

It's the New York Dolls!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post

nah, I think it's The Runaways w/Joan Jett lookin' a lot like Paul Stanley.

And Ace Frehley looks like a young Lilly Tomlin....

Don't think they would have made it beyond a bar band, maybe a few support slots?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post

That was the look they were going for at first, but Gene realized he'd look ridiculous trying to do the androgyny thing, so they went in a different direction with their look.

That was the look they were going for at first, but Gene realized he'd look ridiculous trying to do the androgyny thing, so they went in a different direction with their look.

I just think Gene and Paul look like they didn't get the memo that this isn't 1977 anymore. Or maybe they didn't get the memo that was an actual blue police call box they stepped into, not a TARDIS. I would have thought the fact that it wasn't bigger on the inside would have been the giveaway, but who knows? (shrug)

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post

Weren't those photos part of the ad campaign for Dressed To Kill? I remember hearing that there was supposed to be this whole series of photos that were supposed to depict doing a Superman style changeroo thing in the telephone booth or whatever. I recall reading those were actually Bill Aucoin's suits.

>If Alice Cooper would recreate one of his classic tours, like Billion Dollar Babies I think he'd make a sick amount of cash.[/QUOTE]

yes, he would need the original band that wrote and played on those classic albums.