Page 54 of 194 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 4845

Thread: New Releases Only

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Anyone know if this will be out on CD? (That isn't an option at their bandcamp currently)
    I actually noticed this on Greg Walker's update last week, so it is available on CD. I'm not sure why the band isn't offering it through Bandcamp in that format.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    The deluxe edition ships right away. I ordered it July 19th and got it one week later. The regular edition will be out in September.
    Note that the price on the site is including shipping, at least within Europe. Don't know if Antoine rises the price for other places.
    yip, mine is flying now

The deluxe edition ships right away. I ordered it July 19th and got it one week later. The regular edition will be out in September.
    Note that the price on the site is including shipping, at least within Europe. Don't know if Antoine rises the price for other places.
    Thanks for mentioning the album here! I'm trying to spread the word myself...

Regarding the limited edition digibook: same price to ship everywhere in the world (US$25).

www.antoinefafard.com/sphere.html

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine Fafard View Post
    Thanks for mentioning the album here! I'm trying to spread the word myself...

Regarding the limited edition digibook: same price to ship everywhere in the world (US$25).

www.antoinefafard.com/sphere.html
    cool. that's awesome of you stopping by to chime in Antoine! looking forward to this myself and Sergio will surely be happy

glad to see Jerry De Villiers Jr is on this one too and Gary Husband is terrific. are those guys the only two unlike the other 3 which featured numerous guests.
    i.ain't.dead.irock

Quote Originally Posted by proggosaurus View Post
    are those guys the only two unlike the other 3 which featured numerous guests.
    Yes, it's a trio this time.

Yes, it's a trio this time.
    thanx. I really dig Jerry's playing. Gary and Antoine are pretty good too ...should be great!
    i.ain't.dead.irock

cool. that's awesome of you stopping by to chime in Antoine! looking forward to this myself and Sergio will surely be happy

glad to see Jerry De Villiers Jr is on this one too and Gary Husband is terrific. are those guys the only two unlike the other 3 which featured numerous guests.
    Thanks, bro! and we'll review it between ourselves, eh!

New album by French Zeuhl band Anaid - Libertad

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    (Amoeba Split Second Split) I actually noticed this on Greg Walker's update last week, so it is available on CD. I'm not sure why the band isn't offering it through Bandcamp in that format.

Bill
    I did bring it in from Greg. Comes in a nice mini-LP packaging. Haven't heard it yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    New album by French Zeuhl band Anaid - Libertad

That's most interesting! I never did hear their 80s work. I didn't check the sample, but something I will keep my eye on for sure.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Swedish Acid Folk album released in April

https://thesignrecords.bandcamp.com/...wicker-untamed
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

New recommendation from Jack O The Clock's Damon Waitkus via Little Ian (zombywoof)

Jeremy Flower - The Real Me, featuring Carla Kihlstedt & Matthias Bossi amongst others, quite splendid.

https://jeremyflower.bandcamp.com/album/the-real-me
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

New Hattler album: Warhole Holidays

http://www.bassball.net/shop/hattler...rhol-holidays/
    More funky that usual, melancholic as usual, good bassplaying as usual. Not very proggy.

RUSCONI + FRED FRITH: Live in Europe

http://rusconi.bandcamp.com/

RUSCONI are Stefan Rusconi (piano, synth, vocals, preparations), Fabian Gisler (double bass, guitar, vocals) and Claudio Strüby (drums, percussion, glockenspiel, vocals). Three guys from Switzerland that love play and listen to music. Having played more than 300 gigs since their formation the band have developed a near-telepathic understanding of the dynamics that drive their individual muses.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    RUSCONI + FRED FRITH: Live in Europe

http://rusconi.bandcamp.com/

RUSCONI are Stefan Rusconi (piano, synth, vocals, preparations), Fabian Gisler (double bass, guitar, vocals) and Claudio Strüby (drums, percussion, glockenspiel, vocals). Three guys from Switzerland that love play and listen to music. Having played more than 300 gigs since their formation the band have developed a near-telepathic understanding of the dynamics that drive their individual muses.
    I like what i've heard from a few Bandcamp clips.Need to check these guys out furthur.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

http://willwoodandthetapeworms.bandc...thing-is-a-lot

I'm lucky enough to live close enough to see them in a week...
    Enjoy the moment... It's the only way to fly!

Nemrud - Nemrud (05/15/2016)

musipedia of metal review by MBlade
    Turkish proggsters Nemrud are now on their third record and once again they carry the flag for classic sounding progressive rock. There self titled album contains four tracks all over 10 minutes in length that move from introspective acoustic numbers to sweeping orchestral pieces that draw heavily on the bands Middle Eastern heritage. The band are a traditional four piece of guitarist/singer (Mert Göçay) bassist (Levent Candaş) drummer (Mert Alkaya) and keyboardist (Mert Topel), the album benefits from this four piece approach as every instrument is important and given the chance to breathe to create the soundscapes and mystical atmosphere the album strives to create. From the ELP-like synths that open the record in a truly startling way, the album is based around the creation of the universe and the Nemrud which is a place for death to dwell, this concept is the basis for the spacey record that blurs the lines between science fiction with faith. Gods Of The Mountain is a slow opening to the record with a laid back guitar and swathes of synths for the first 5 minutes.

The vocals come in after that and vocally Mert Göçay sounds like Orphaned Land's Kobi Fahri with a beckoning insistent voice that is a major part of the bands sound. Gods Of The Mountain could come of the more recent Opeth numbers with nods to the halcyon days of progressive rock with a hard rock crunch. With such abstract lyrics, huge musical layers and a technically proficient musicians, that are able to handle any genre, with bass-led jazz during Lion Of Commagene as it changes into a sermon for the final part. Nemrud are a very impressive band part Opeth, part Orphaned Land with the right amount of classic prog that brings in ELP, Yes, Floyd (Forsaken Throne) some 80's electro (on the middle eight of The Euphrates) and countless other genres to create a sublime progressive rock album that is mostly instrumental punctuated with magical emotive lyrical passages. Nemrud is a truly excellent prog rock album from a band that I will following very closely from now on. 9/10
    i.ain't.dead.irock

The David Cross Band – Sign of The Crow (08/05/2016) heavy progressive rock...look no further. former Crimson violinist David Cross and mates have released their 6th album and it's splendid!

Starfall

i.ain't.dead.irock

Hello There Ian...

Thank You for the reference to the Jeremy Flower release. I was just thinking, recently, of starting a thread as to the current status of Carla Kihlstedt.
    Anything else with her involvement in recent times?

See You soon in the 'Progday Park'

Carry on
    Chris Buckley

Quote Originally Posted by winkersnufs View Post
    Hello There Ian...

Thank You for the reference to the Jeremy Flower release. I was just thinking, recently, of starting a thread as to the current status of Carla Kihlstedt.
    Anything else with her involvement in recent times?

See You soon in the 'Progday Park'

Carry on
    Chris Buckley
    All the Rabbit Rabbit, Tin Hat and Cosa Brava are excellent
    Ian

The David Cross Band – Sign of The Crow (08/05/2016) heavy progressive rock...look no further. former Crimson violinist David Cross and mates have released their 6th album and it's splendid!

Starfall

Good stuff!

Thanks for the recommendation...
    Enjoy the moment... It's the only way to fly!

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    New recommendation from Jack O The Clock's Damon Waitkus via Little Ian (zombywoof)

Jeremy Flower - The Real Me, featuring Carla Kihlstedt & Matthias Bossi amongst others, quite splendid.

Many thanks for this recommendation -it's staggeringly good! I've listened to quite a bit of Rabbit Rabbit, but although appreciating how good their musicianship was, it never really grabbed me, but this is something else -the arrangements are immaculate and very inventive -I guess it must be down to Jeremy's writing skills - but i've not been so impressed with a new album for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post

A very interesting and listenable move-on from their work with Sleepytime Gorilla Museum. I remember SGM having arrived from San Francisco at NF 2003 for their 11AM show saying "It's so early!"
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

For those that like their prog a little softer (and a leaning towards alt-rock), The Pineapple Thief have just released their new album 'Your Wilderness'. Definitely one of their better releases, most tracks are pretty solid.

Live album by Agusa - Katarsis (ltd. Vinyl)