Thread: Happy birthday to Chick Corea: 73 years old!

Happy birthday to Chick Corea: 73 years old!

He's so spry for 73! One of my favourite musicians, from his work on the Miles Davis albums to the amazing Return To Forever and solo albums... terrific player. I picked up his most recent disc The Vigil a couple of months back and it's quite good.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

He's one of my top 5 favorite living artists; brilliant composer and improviser! I have The Vigil too and like it, but then considering how many albums he's put out, there's a pretty low percentage of them that aren't at least worthwhile.

Happy birthday, Chick!

Just watched a video of him recently on Youtube playing with the Foo Fighters. Not sure how old the video was though.
    "The wind is slowly tearing her apart"
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

Quote Originally Posted by mellotron storm View Post
    Just watched a video of him recently on Youtube playing with the Foo Fighters. Not sure how old the video was though.
    I posted it in the "artists you thought you'd never see together" thread. It's about 8 or 9 years old. Hardly the context to hear Chick Corea in though.