Thread: ReR USA?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay.Dee View Post
    I cannot help but appreciate your altruistic support for Telecom industry, but you know, hardly any business feels responsible for any collateral damage related to their activity, until there appears a law regulation followed by an effective law enforcement. This usually helps the business quickly understand the necessity of taking care of unwelcome side effects of their actions with all the burden it might carry.

It has worked very well in many environmental cases like imposing fishing limits on sea food industry, just to bring an example from your favourite area, so it could work equally well in the ISPs case. Indeed, it may hit Telecom industry rather hard and in consequence increase the cost of mobile devices and data plans, but as you are probably aware, every business needs to adapt to ever changing situation on the marketplace.
    I have no ties to the Telecom industry. It just violates basic principles of common sense to make them responsible for the acts of their customers.

And your last point doesn't really work, because it pertains to regulations. Regulations are not market conditions, they are external to the markets. Discussions of "shoulds" and "coulds" are appropriate for regulations. But market conditions, on the other hand, simply "are."

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    I have no ties to the Telecom industry. It just violates basic principles of common sense to make them responsible for the acts of their customers.
    Really? Try to set up a shack selling clubs nearby street riots and then explain to the police that you have solely intended to promote baseball. I would like to see your common sense in juridical action.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    Regulations are not market conditions, they are external to the markets. Discussions of "shoulds" and "coulds" are appropriate for regulations. But market conditions, on the other hand, simply "are."
    There is no market without laws and regulations. First you need to set (and impose) the rules, then you may talk about the market. And the quality of those rules and their subsequent adjustments (or the lack of thereof) greatly influence market conditions, for better or worse. Overfishing ban increased the prices of sea food, but at the same time helped protect the environment for future generations, which may not have eaten enough sea food in their upcoming lives.
    Last edited by Jay.Dee; 07-03-2014 at 04:46 AM.