Thread: Randy Rhoads Remembered in New Jersey (Concert Review)

Randy Rhoads Remembered in New Jersey (Concert Review)

I was lucky enough to have seen him with Ozzy in the summer of 1981. Won't forget that!
    "and what music unites, man should not take apart"-Helmut Koellen

I had tickets for a show in E. Rutherford, NJ... that one still went on with Brad Gillis but I gave my tix away....

Quote Originally Posted by presdoug View Post
    I was lucky enough to have seen him with Ozzy in the summer of 1981. Won't forget that!
    Yep, me, too. Luckily, there's also a recording of the show I saw, albeit not a good one.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by lwpmedia View Post
    I had tickets for a show in E. Rutherford, NJ... that one still went on with Brad Gillis but I gave my tix away....
    My brother saw the first show after Randy's death. Before Gillis stepped in, Ozzy had Bernie Torme playing with him.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by presdoug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Yep, me, too. Luckily, there's also a recording of the show I saw, albeit not a good one.
    I too saw that tour. Motorhead were the opening band at the show I saw. Ace of Spades tour!

Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    I too saw that tour. Motorhead were the opening band at the show I saw. Ace of Spades tour!

Good times.
    When I saw them in Bethlehem, PA, I'm pretty sure it was The Good Rats who opened.

Good times.
    I saw that show w/ Randy Rhodes at the Tower Theater in Philly. I was not only standing but had to stand on my chair. Ozzy and group were on fire!

Good times.
    The Rods and Def Leppard opened for Ozzy when I saw them. Utica, New York.
    "and what music unites, man should not take apart"-Helmut Koellen