Thread: Rate the Rufus catalog from A to D

Suspended
    Rate the ABC catalogue from A to C.

Rate the AC/DC catalogue from AC to DC.

etc.

One could get carried away.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    I actually really like this song -

I should really start a new thread that is a more dignified discussion of this band... but

that video was made after the implosion of the first Rufus. This song is from their 2nd album, made with the first incarnation of the band, but the musicians lip-syncing the song are the 2nd incarnation of the band (only the right side Keyboard player, Chaka and the drummer are left from the band who recorded the song) with 3 new members.

It's alright though, since the first Rufus (of the first 2 albums) wasn't that great. Tell Me Something Good was arguably their best song... they were an all white band (except for Chaka) which doesn't really mean anything of substance. They just weren't as musically interesting as Rufus II who recorded the 3rd album, Rufusized.
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    wish granted... I just entered all the ones I own (which is all except the Live album)... now I gotta go and listen to them while I got em out!
    heh... reading this thread again... it took me a year, but of course, I'm going alphabetic nowadays... on Sunday I will check out the 4th album
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

I rate Rufus very very highly!

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    I rate Rufus very very highly!
    why doesn't that surprise us??

You're probably not the only one, tbh
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.