We had a PM on the old PE but being no one has started a group, I'll just launch a thread and see how it goes. Try to review without major spoilers please.

Rented "Get Low" with Robert Duvall and Bill Murray plus "Drive" with Ryan Gosling. Both were extraordinary but quite different.

Get Low was a tale set in the 1930s of a cantankerous hermit in the hills of Tennessee who wants to hold his funeral before he dies. It's easy to forget how good of an actor Duvall is but this will remind you. Murray, as usual, is priceless as the down-on-his-luck funeral director.

Drive is a very different animal. Sort of an art house action flick that starts slow and meditative...and then the carnage begins. Gosling plays a mechanic/stunt driver who moonlights as a getaway driver for robberies. He meets a woman in his apartment building with a young son. Then the woman's husband comes home from prison. Gosling ends up driving the ex-con on a job where everything goes very wrong and then things really get nasty. Gosling is very good as a sociopath who was just reaching for humanity when the wheels fall off. Not for everyone, but I loved it.

Last night at the small town theater, we finally saw Ben Affleck's Argo. Damn, who knew this guy would turn out to be such a great director. I don't know how accurate this movie was but the tension was almost unbearable. And they get that '79/'80 atmosphere right.